This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance issues in Asus zenfone 6 after upgrading to android 10

gannu_akhil
Star II
Even though the features in android 10 are exciting, there are many performance issues after upgrading to android 10 in Asus 6Z.
Some of the most irritating things I found after upgrading to android 10 are,
1) Fingerprint unlock got slower: Fingerprint unlock takes a long time for the display to unlock. Earlier in Android 9 pie, it was very fast to unlock the display. But now, it takes more than a second(sometimes even more) to unlock and after unlocking the display, unlock animation(transition from lock screen wallpaper to home screen wallpaper) doesn't look fine and we can experience a lag.
2) Too many lags: After the update, I experienced a lot of lags in switching between the recent apps and for general use as well.
3) Battery draining fastly: The most depressing problem I faced is fast draining of the battery after upgrading to the Android 10. Earlier, I had to just charge the phone once in two days, but now I had to charge the battery everyday.
I hope all these bugs get fixed as soon as possible by upcoming updates. Due to these bugs, I am starting to hate my decision of opting for Asus rather than Oneplus.
1 REPLY 1

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi

For 1) Are you observing this only after the screen time-outs by itself? This is a known change in Android 10. After a screen timeout , the FP wont react for approx 2seconds.
You can alleviate this by going to Settings->Security&Lock Screen -> Screen Lock (Press the cog icon to the right).
->
Automatically Lock
-> Change to "Immediately"

2) It is really difficult to say how or why, some might be affected but most are not.. if you do not have major concern about resetting your device - you could try to reset it , it hopefully will resolve that.

3) It is generally not due to Android 10 itself, but the update, or even just circumstance , maybe caused an app's data to bo bananas. Could you paste your battery info page after a day's of use - so we can try seeing what could be the reason. (Almost always it is an app causing problems..)

It is unfortunate you are regretting your choice with Asus instead of OnePlus. We'll try to do better. You may also browse their forums and you will see they have many many threads with issues as well. Not every issue happens to everyone, and so on , as smartphones are quite complex and issues can occur seemingly "erratically"..