Did you mean: 

My phone keeps restarting again and again

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
  1. Model Name: Asus 6z (zenfone 6)
  2. Firmware Version: WW-16.1220.1906.167
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Continuously 
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): 
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I recently bought Asus 6z on 25th July. I installed the latest update and after usage of couple of days the phone kept rebooting again and again. Before rebooting started, the sim signals kept turning off and on again. I did a factory reset as well but the problem remained. 
Please provide a solution to this as many others here are also facing the problem. It cannot be a hard ware issue as the problem started AFTER the latest update (after reading all related threads here). 
41 REPLIES 41

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
I'm not questioning that you issues appeared after the firmware update but we don't know if the same issues would have appeared with a simple restart. It's just a coincidence. It would still restart if we downgraded your FW.
This is true if you have the same hardware issue as others who have reported that their device is restarting. Not all restarting devices have a bad motherboard. It's nothing new that a phone can behave like this or in a number of other ways after a firmware update. It has happened to all phone models from all brands though time as there are millions of combinations with apps and settings that can trigger a bug. This is normally fixed with a factory reset so please try this first and contact our service center if there's no change.

cprajapati
Star I
I have done factory reset twice now.Did it two days back and when i open a certain application, it goes into hung state and the phone keeps restarting multiple times in loop.I did a factory reset yesterday as well but today i have faced the same issue.This is one of the worst phones i have seen from ASUS Android.Looks like the software is not optimized and even after paying a huge price im not satisfied with the phone.Within 3 months of purchase having so many issues.You need to seriously look into the software upgrade.
1.Two months back i had done a software upgrade and it wiped my SIM card.I had to reorder a new SIM card.
2.Last week after the software upgrade i had to factory reset twice with losing all my data and applications.Now im in a situation where the phone keeps restarting every two hours if i open any Application.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
I have never heard of a phone that can wipe the SIM card
Your phone clearly has a hardware issue. It's not software. Please contact ASUS support to get it repaired.

ZT-c4642220
Star I
FIRST, PLEASE SIGN MY PETITION FOR "RIGHT TO REPAIR" LEGISLATION.
https://www.change.org/p/susan-eggman-right-to-repair-the-products-you-own/dashboard?source_location...
I replaced the battery and it it booted right up, perfectly. I shut it down and plugged it in to let it charge and when I pushed the power button I get the , "POWERED BY ANDROID" followed by the "ASUS" logo screen, where it pauses for 5 seconds, and then reboots and reboots..................
IF YOU PLUG IT INTO A COMPUTER, IS THERE A WAY TO VIEW THE CODING DURING BOOT?
OR - IS THERE A WAY TO FACTORY RESTORE WITHOUT HAVING THE PHONE OPERATING NORMALLY?
I have tried dealing with ASUS, but they have such a reprehensible sense of customer service. A mandatory $60 non-refundable, diagnostic fee. They refuse to make their parts available
ASUS IS THE ONLY COMPANY WITH WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE THAN APPLE!

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
steev_@hotmail.com

FIRST, PLEASE SIGN MY PETITION FOR "RIGHT TO REPAIR" LEGISLATION.

https://www.change.org/p/susan-eggman-right-to-repair-the-products-you-own/dashboard?source_location...

I replaced the battery and it it booted right up, perfectly. I shut it down and plugged it in to let it charge and when I pushed the power button I get the , "POWERED BY ANDROID" followed by the "ASUS" logo screen, where it pauses for 5 seconds, and then reboots and reboots..................

IF YOU PLUG IT INTO A COMPUTER, IS THERE A WAY TO VIEW THE CODING DURING BOOT?

OR - IS THERE A WAY TO FACTORY RESTORE WITHOUT HAVING THE PHONE OPERATING NORMALLY?

I have tried dealing with ASUS, but they have such a reprehensible sense of customer service. A mandatory $60 non-refundable, diagnostic fee. They refuse to make their parts available

ASUS IS THE ONLY COMPANY WITH WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE THAN APPLE!

View post
Are you located in the US? If you bought the phone in the US you should be well within your twelve month warranty.
Why did you repair the battery yourself? That's covered under the warranty. Because you are in warranty you are not subject to the diagnostic fee. That is only for out of warranty products or units that have been accidentally damaged.
I'll send you a PM. I'd like to get your serial number and investigate your repair history, and figure out why US Support was telling you that you needed to pay the diagnostic fee.