This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple issues: Speaker/echo on phone calls; scheduled charging; audio during music playback

Drugoli
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZS630KL
Firmware Version: RKQ1.200710.002.WW_Phone-18.0610.2103.137
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Frequently
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): PowerAmp
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Multiple different issues that have arisen since the latest Android updates:
People are reporting a lot of echo during phone calls, and initially they sound very distant. This can be fixed by enabling and disabling speaker phone every time I get a call, although this quickly becomes very tedious.
Although scheduled charging is enabled and set from 20:00-06:00 (with auto adjust for any nearby alarms), it most of the time doesn't enabled, and I have to disable and enable it in the settings for it to kick in every time I want it to work. I also have slow charging enabled, and this works every time with no issues.
Sometimes during Bluetooth (through my car stereo, which has previously worked flawlessly) music playback using PowerAmp, audio will be played through both the Bluetooth device and the phone speaker. Additionally, attempts to use buttons on the Bluetooth device to skip or reverse tracks results in the song changing and visibly playing on both the stereo and phone, but the audio disappears and won't return until Bluetooth is disconnected and connected again. Though this could possibly be an issue with just the app itself.
It seems like headphone jack audio has severely decreased in audio volume (again using PowerAmp) since either the Android 11 update or some of the updates to the 11th version.
For all of these issues I've tried rebooting, but no change.

Not an issue since the latest couple of updates, but I'm wondering when Wifi calling or VoLTE will be enabled in Denmark? I've been waiting for that feature ever since the phone came out and can't find any information on it.
3 REPLIES 3

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Drugoli

1. Model Name: ZS630KL
  2. Firmware Version: RKQ1.200710.002.WW_Phone-18.0610.2103.137
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Frequently
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): PowerAmp

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

1. People are reporting a lot of echo during phone calls, and initially they sound very distant. This can be fixed by enabling and disabling speaker phone every time I get a call, although this quickly becomes very tedious.
  2. Although scheduled charging is enabled and set from 20:00-06:00 (with auto adjust for any nearby alarms), it most of the time doesn't enabled, and I have to disable and enable it in the settings for it to kick in every time I want it to work. I also have slow charging enabled, and this works every time with no issues.
  3. Sometimes during Bluetooth (through my car stereo, which has previously worked flawlessly) music playback using PowerAmp, audio will be played through both the Bluetooth device and the phone speaker. Additionally, attempts to use buttons on the Bluetooth device to skip or reverse tracks results in the song changing and visibly playing on both the stereo and phone, but the audio disappears and won't return until Bluetooth is disconnected and connected again. Though this could possibly be an issue with just the app itself.
  4. It seems like headphone jack audio has severely decreased in audio volume (again using PowerAmp) since either the Android 11 update or some of the updates to the 11th version.

Not an issue since the latest couple of updates, but I'm wondering when Wifi calling or VoLTE will be enabled in Denmark? I've been waiting for that feature ever since the phone came out and can't find any information on it.

Multiple issues: Speaker/echo on phone calls; scheduled charging; audio during music playback
After looking at so much of problems, want to ask you Did you try factory data reset after updating your device to Android 11??
It is recommended to factory data reset device whenever device jumps from one operating system to another like A10 to A11 so that it may iron out all unwanted bugs
Note:- Please backup your important data before you factory data reset your device.
To factory data reset your device steps to be followed are 👇
Settings>system>reset options>erase all data.
After factory data reset if you still face those problems than you can revert back again here.
Thanks!

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Drugoli

1. Model Name: ZS630KL
  2. Firmware Version: RKQ1.200710.002.WW_Phone-18.0610.2103.137
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Frequently
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): PowerAmp

1. People are reporting a lot of echo during phone calls, and initially they sound very distant. This can be fixed by enabling and disabling speaker phone every time I get a call, although this quickly becomes very tedious.
  2. Although scheduled charging is enabled and set from 20:00-06:00 (with auto adjust for any nearby alarms), it most of the time doesn't enabled, and I have to disable and enable it in the settings for it to kick in every time I want it to work. I also have slow charging enabled, and this works every time with no issues.
  3. Sometimes during Bluetooth (through my car stereo, which has previously worked flawlessly) music playback using PowerAmp, audio will be played through both the Bluetooth device and the phone speaker. Additionally, attempts to use buttons on the Bluetooth device to skip or reverse tracks results in the song changing and visibly playing on both the stereo and phone, but the audio disappears and won't return until Bluetooth is disconnected and connected again. Though this could possibly be an issue with just the app itself.
  4. It seems like headphone jack audio has severely decreased in audio volume (again using PowerAmp) since either the Android 11 update or some of the updates to the 11th version.

I will send you a PM asking for a log regarding your echo issue.
For all your other issues, please stop using poweramp

Drugoli
Star I
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/46379/multiple-issues-speaker-echo-on-phone-calls-scheduled-c...

After looking at so much of problems, want to ask you Did you try factory data reset after updating your device to Android 11??

It is recommended to factory data reset device whenever device jumps from one operating system to another like A10 to A11 so that it may iron out all unwanted bugs

Note:- Please backup your important data before you factory data reset your device.

To factory data reset your device steps to be followed are 👇

Settings>system>reset options>erase all data.

After factory data reset if you still face those problems than you can revert back again here.

Thanks!

View post
Sorry for replying a bit late, just needed a time where I didn't need my phone for a while to factory reset and test if the problems persisted. My problems with audio/bluetooth seem to actually have improved. However, the echo during calls and problems with scheduled charging persists.

Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/46379/multiple-issues-speaker-echo-on-phone-calls-scheduled-c...

I will send you a PM asking for a log regarding your echo issue.

For all your other issues, please stop using poweramp

View post
I have responded to your PM with a link to the log file.