This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mic volume REALLY LOW for video recordings in third party apps Android 10

Reuben
Star III
The microphone volume is significantly lower in third party apps like Instagram and snapchat.
I have tried to reset app cache, reset app preferences, uninstall and reinstall, none of these worked.
So I did a factory reset, and the issue is still present.
The stock camera app works fine, audio captured is crisp and clear. On Instagram and snapchat.. there is no difference in quality.. but the volume is ~50% lower.
ZenFone 6 EU version , running Android 10.
Firmware version WW-17.1810.1910.68
4 REPLIES 4

Benjamin_Bernha
Rising Star II
Reuben

The microphone volume is significantly lower in third party apps like Instagram and snapchat.

I have tried to reset app cache, reset app preferences, uninstall and reinstall, none of these worked.

The stock camera app works fine, audio captured is crisp and clear. On Instagram and snapchat.. there is no difference in quality.. but the volume is ~50% lower.

Yeah same, I got the Asus mods to forward this to the devs earlier today. ;D

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Reuben

This is the first time I hear instagram. I can replicate the low mic volume in snapchat but Instagram sounds fine to me. Any other app you've noticed this behaviour in?

Reuben
Star III
@Anders_ASUS no, I tried on skype, whatsapp and telegram and was not able to reproduce this issue. Instagram is affected, when taking videos for stories and in direct message.I dont use snapchat so cant confirm if snapchat is affected.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Reuben

@Anders_ASUS no, I tried on skype, whatsapp and telegram and was not able to reproduce this issue. Instagram is affected, when taking videos for stories and in direct message.I dont use snapchat so cant confirm if snapchat is affected.

View post
I too get low volume in instagram now so maybe I was using an older version. Anyways, I've been told it will be fixed in a future update.