1. Rattling Camera- The camera rattles whenever I keep the phone on my bed, table etc. Slight rattling is also there when i am tapping on the upper half of the phone. Asus gives a 'retract' option but it is pretty much useless since post retraction the camera module should not be loose at all. I know they will not be able to fix this since it is a design flaw but that rattling sound every time the phone experiences a slight jerk is very very annoying.
2. Poor Earpiece- Another design flaw. The earpiece is fitted inside the camera module and the voice travels through a hole to the user. Result- distorted and weird sounding call quality. If Asus did not have the technical expertise to successfully pull off this design , they shouldn't have. Call quality is something on which no user can adjust. Call quality on earpiece on 6z is absolutely crap.
3 Bottom speaker Distortion- Overall the asus 6z speakers are loud but the quality is below average. The voice sounds very shrill and shallow. But the main issue is distortion on low volume from bottom speaker. I don't know how mods are calling it a good quality speaker when its distorting so much at low volume. There are plenty of scenarios in real life when we need to use low volume. The distortion is massive and its not limited to just my device since i have seen similar posts on the forum.
4. UI Lag- Even after being almost a stock android experience, there are micro stutters in the UI everywhere. One plus feels so fluid with the same hardware. Asus's UI is no MIUI that it should stutter. Be it opening the dialer app or settings app, every now and then i can see micro stutters which are completely absent in oxygen os. I tried turning off animations, changing animations to 0.5x, but still the same. Needs optimization.
5.Ram Management- The average ram usage on my device is 73%. I formatted my set yesterday only with just swiggy and whatsapp installed right now. I even uninstalled the preloaded facebook and instagram. and average ram usage is 4Gb+. This certainly needs fixing. This is supposed to be near stock android experience but sadly it is not. 6. Worse audio performace than Asus 5z in PUBG- The audio performace of 5z was much better as far as pubg is concerned. My bro is using 5z and he could hear footsteps much louder and clearer than my 6z. 1 of the reason of going with 6z was because of the superior audio experience in Asus 5z when playing PUBG. But this 6Z is nowhere near that and I can't figure why break an extraordinary feature/plus point. Each and everytime my brother hears an approaching enemy or car much before i do. He also has more clarity regarding the direction from which he is approaching. 6Z has broken this novel plus point of 5Z.
7. Weak haptic Feedback- The haptic feedback on 6z is one of the worst i have ever seen. the vibration motor is very feeble and does not feel very good.
8. No HD playback in Amazon Prime video.
9 NO VOLTE SUPPORT FOR VODAFONE YET in India.
Some additional suggestions: 1. Please add feature to choose accent colors in the UI. 2. Please allow to choose gray or black in dark mode. 3. Add the option to activate outdoor mode above the volume bar just like in asus zenfone 5z. Going into status bar everytime is a hassle.
My phone does not rattles even with fairly strong shakes maybe some devices have this problem as i see some other users complaining the same. Amazon does not support hd playback on Android phones i contacted them and they replied back. Earpiece quality is really a not on par but i feel other phone with centre pop up cameras also dont have good sound quality from earpiece its a design issue. I didn't notice any distortion from bottom speaker. I have 8/256 version and i dont have lag in UI and though i dont keep a check on free Ram percentage but i i never feels like its giving me any problem by not retaining app in memory Vibration motor could be more strong i saw one review of redmi K20 pro and reviewer said asus 6z vibration is better that that i i wonder how weak redmi is. I also dont get Vodafone volte
Hi @architgenius , For #2 & #3, we'll push a fix plan in next FOTA. #7 You can try the latest update (.173). We optimized haptic Feedback. #8 You can refer to this thread, Amazon Prime Video DO NOT support HD playback on Android devices. For other issues, we'll investigate and give you the feedback later.
Thanks kris_asus I am really happy for your quick response and dedication from your side I recently moved from OnePlus to Asus I feel we can do better than OnePlus in taking the customer feedback and fixing the issues.I really appreciate your efforts.