This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost faith in Asus. Faulty camera, service centre, customer services.

MikeK
Star II
capture-jpg.jpg
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 6
Firmware Version: Latest
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: It's a long story
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I raised an RMA due to faulty wide angle camera in July 2020, 1 month before warranty expiry.
The issue was a blurry blotch, present regardless if the unit was reset to factory or not.
The unit was shipped on RMA to the Asus service center in Poland (NMC PE) but returned without being fixed. The note showed that the motherboard was replaced.
A second RMA was raised for the same issue, with a note about the camera needing a fix, but also the motherboard was replaced. No success.
The third RMA also resulted in the camera not being fixed, and the motherboard was replaced. No success.
At this point I went back to the point of sale to discuss a refund. They persuaded me to try a fourth RMA.
The 4th RMA repair was succesful in repairing the camera but the top speaker came back broken and made a clicking noise everytime it was being used by the system.
The 5th RMA repaired the faulty speaker and the unit came back "working" to me early January. I say "working", but it froze a couple of times a day and restarted a few times on its own during a 2 week period after which one morning it just had a blank screen. Following a restart (power+Vol down) it booted to the infinite loop of failing to start.
At this point I did a factory reset from recovery mode and despite a succesful wipe, it's still in the infinite boot loop (Zenfone dots then restart).
Customer service are now saying the unit is out of warranty and despite being patient for 6(!) months and trying to get the phone to work I now have a non-working brick. This looks like the work done by Asus and their service centre is not guaranteed for any period of time following the works, which is a terrible misunderstanding.
I have no knowledge of flashing OS and can't even see one available online, issued by Asus to be used by non-service people, if I wanted a local repair shop to try a fix.
The case is now with the point of sale regarding a partial refund and return. The phone is in pristine condition.
Since I'm moaning about Asus, here are a couple additional things that should be improved:
Despite clear printed instructions included in the package by me (even in Polish language) to ensure a repair of the camera is done on RMA 2 and 3, these were ignored. Asus service centre does NOT test the units before dispatch, otherwise they would have seen the fault still being there. This tells me that Asus customer service do not actually have control over their servicing and simply outsource it without care.
RMA instructions tell us not to pack the unit ourselves but DHL couriers do not have anything to pack the unit into.
The phone number in the email that says "If you have any queries, please call ASUS CZ on +426345120" doesn't actually work so any issues with the shipment and it's back to the 48 hour response time to your email with asus customer services.
Lastly, Asus have to improve the IMEI stickers that get attached to the phone by the service centre. They are hideous, white stickers that look out of place with the transparent Asus original sticker next to it.
All an easy fix, surely.
3 REPLIES 3

_jis_
Zen Master III
It's a shocking experience. If someone in charge of Asus reads this, they have to replace your phone with a working one or return the money because a series of mistakes on their part led to the final sad result.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
MikeK

capture-jpg.jpg

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Zenfone 6
  2. Firmware Version: Latest
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: It's a long story
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I raised an RMA due to faulty wide angle camera in July 2020, 1 month before warranty expiry.

The issue was a blurry blotch, present regardless if the unit was reset to factory or not.

The unit was shipped on RMA to the Asus service center in Poland (NMC PE) but returned without being fixed. The note showed that the motherboard was replaced.

A second RMA was raised for the same issue, with a note about the camera needing a fix, but also the motherboard was replaced. No success.

The third RMA also resulted in the camera not being fixed, and the motherboard was replaced. No success.

At this point I went back to the point of sale to discuss a refund. They persuaded me to try a fourth RMA.

The 4th RMA repair was succesful in repairing the camera but the top speaker came back broken and made a clicking noise everytime it was being used by the system.

The 5th RMA repaired the faulty speaker and the unit came back "working" to me early January. I say "working", but it froze a couple of times a day and restarted a few times on its own during a 2 week period after which one morning it just had a blank screen. Following a restart (power+Vol down) it booted to the infinite loop of failing to start.

At this point I did a factory reset from recovery mode and despite a succesful wipe, it's still in the infinite boot loop (Zenfone dots then restart).

Customer service are now saying the unit is out of warranty and despite being patient for 6(!) months and trying to get the phone to work I now have a non-working brick. This looks like the work done by Asus and their service centre is not guaranteed for any period of time following the works, which is a terrible misunderstanding.

I have no knowledge of flashing OS and can't even see one available online, issued by Asus to be used by non-service people, if I wanted a local repair shop to try a fix.

The case is now with the point of sale regarding a partial refund and return. The phone is in pristine condition.

Since I'm moaning about Asus, here are a couple additional things that should be improved:

Despite clear printed instructions included in the package by me (even in Polish language) to ensure a repair of the camera is done on RMA 2 and 3, these were ignored. Asus service centre does NOT test the units before dispatch, otherwise they would have seen the fault still being there. This tells me that Asus customer service do not actually have control over their servicing and simply outsource it without care.

RMA instructions tell us not to pack the unit ourselves but DHL couriers do not have anything to pack the unit into.

The phone number in the email that says "If you have any queries, please call ASUS CZ on +426345120" doesn't actually work so any issues with the shipment and it's back to the 48 hour response time to your email with asus customer services.

Lastly, Asus have to improve the IMEI stickers that get attached to the phone by the service centre. They are hideous, white stickers that look out of place with the transparent Asus original sticker next to it.

All an easy fix, surely.

Lost faith in Asus. Faulty camera, service centre, customer services.
I will send you a PM

MikeK
Star II
Just to update everyone, following the phone being shipped out to the original purchase point a decent partial refund was received.