This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limited apps can be cloned via Twin Apps.

Vru26
Star III
Hey all, am using 6Z since past few months and it's working fine. But recently I wanted to clone an e-commerce app and surprisingly didn't find it in the list of supported apps. Only a few social media apps like whatsapp, facebook, etc seem to be supported. Apart from these, there were also few other supported apps which can be downloaded. Even this list didn't have that app. Although I have that app already installed but I can't clone it. So am wondering whether Asus is planning to update the list or provide any support in future or will I be forced to use some third party apps available on playstore?
5 REPLIES 5

GamerArc
Rising Star II
Yeah..i would want to clone Google Opinion rewards...like i was able to in miui on poco....apps selection is very less for twin apps.

Vru26
Star III
GamerArc

Yeah..i would want to clone Google Opinion rewards...like i was able to in miui on poco....apps selection is very less for twin apps.

View post
I wonder why they haven't provided us the option to clone any installed app just like most of the third party apps do.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Vru26

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/41059#Comment_41059

I wonder why they haven't provided us the option to clone any installed app just like most of the third party apps do.

View post
The reason is that the apps that we do support are required to work with as few hiccups as possible by our users. If we allow any app to be twinapped then we would drown in bug reports. We have selected apps that a lot of users request so we can focus on getting those apps to work. For all other apps, we recommend you to use 3rd party apps for cloning as it's their main business to solve all possible bugs that may happen when you clone an app.

Vru26
Star III
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/41151#Comment_41151

The reason is that the apps that we do support are required to work with as few hiccups as possible by our users. If we allow any app to be twinapped then we would drown in bug reports. We have selected apps that a lot of users request so we can focus on getting those apps to work. For all other apps, we recommend you to use 3rd party apps for cloning as it's their main business to solve all possible bugs that may happen when you clone an app.

View post
I get that. Since it's better to use an inbuilt app rather than one downloaded via store, so do you have any plans to add more apps in the near future? It would be great if e-commerce apps are added like Amazon & Flipkart are added to this list.