This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Killing apps overnight

Kamil
Rising Star I
So I have another thread open but it is kinda messy and its mainly about not so great and bugged multitasking and ram usage.
Kamil

Hey, I am on the last android 10 update but my phone 8/256 GB version behave more like 6 GB i mean ram usage is around 5,5 GB top (70%show in system developer options) and then the phone starts killing apps. Is this normal? I have usage of ram over 90 % on my older phone.?

Ofc I turn off all power management and optiflex for test that out but get same results.

Another issue Switching between apps is smooth and quick but after turn screen off for some time switching between apps gets laggy almost as apps get loaded from swap memory not ram oO.

I don't know how it was on android 9 because i update the system and do the format right out the box.

8gb ram multitasking
But here i wanna ask you guys if you have any problems with apps are getting killed overnight. Usually, when i wake up I have 3-4 apps open in recents from over 20+ when I am going to sleep. It is strange because even if I lost all these apps from memory i don't get much ram free after, still looks like apps are there in ram usage but all of them are reopening when I try them. Problem stays the same no matter what i trunf off or on.
Now i have like adaptive battery off, force autostart stop off, killing apps after scren off - OFF, i turn on autostart on all apps and literally any option to save battery I just turn off or on and test it.
I test all of it on android 10 lats update and last android 9.

Does anyone have similar problems to me? Maybe I am miss something? ?
10 REPLIES 10

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Could it be that you have enabled this option?
6N7EUMESWT78.jpg

Kamil
Rising Star I
Anders_ASUS

Could it be that you have enabled this option?

6N7EUMESWT78.jpg

View post
I get that you have a lot of reding in here but you suggest this option to me in
Kamil

Hey, I am on the last android 10 update but my phone 8/256 GB version behave more like 6 GB i mean ram usage is around 5,5 GB top (70%show in system developer options) and then the phone starts killing apps. Is this normal? I have usage of ram over 90 % on my older phone.?

Ofc I turn off all power management and optiflex for test that out but get same results.

Another issue Switching between apps is smooth and quick but after turn screen off for some time switching between apps gets laggy almost as apps get loaded from swap memory not ram oO.

I don't know how it was on android 9 because i update the system and do the format right out the box.

8gb ram multitasking
and I already told you that this is not helping in fact by this time I test it with and without it on android 9 and 10 

I additional what is important I think? Even if I get only 3 apps alive after overnight kill my memory stays around 5 gb of use still this is pretty high for 3 apps open and the system don't you think?

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
I'm sorry about that. Yes, there are A LOT of user names to keep track of. I didn't remember I had already given you this advice.
I will go back to the other thread, read and reply you there. It sounds like already now that we will have to log your phone to find out why this is happening.

Kamil
Rising Star I
@Anders_ASUS
Ok, that killing and overall weak ram management its my main drawback from keeping this phone I have a one week and a half window to return it. I hope to get at least a clear confirmation about that problem status and plans. Because despite what I say i don't really want to return it 😛 i kinda like it but multitasking was the main target when I choose it. : /.

Wanna mark that this is not just my whining about it. I know that 8gb of ram can do a lot better and it can keep apps overnight even on android 10. There is even a whole site about this problem https://dontkillmyapp.com bet you guys can work this out like Nokia or Sony or even Onepluse because for me the problem is already solved in there. I have oneplus 7t for 3 days I bassicaly use the same apps in there and never experience any memory wipeout overnight. 

If you guys can solve closing app issues and work out better, less aggressive ram menagement i will be spamming on donkillmyapp to change your score and not on your forum xD that's a profit isn't it? ^^?