This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it good to use chargers other than the one's that included in the box

Monark
Zen Master I
As i am using asus charger(18w) it makes my device hot over 45 degrees so i am planning to get some 10w charger is it good to use charger with watts lower than 18w👇
screenshot-20200522-155544213-1.jpg
If yes suggest some
@Anders_ASUS @LP_ASUS
7 REPLIES 7

_jis_
Zen Master III
Monark

Mostly from 20 to 80 percent. It gets usually get hot when reaching 35 to 40 percent. Do your phone also get hot when charging. @_jis_

View post
I am sorry, I cannot help you with that, because I don't even remember if I ever discharge my ZF6 below 40% (I charge daily). So my charging is without any heat effect (surrounding temp. averages around 20°C here). My AccuBattery charging history dates back only to March 31st and minimum was 41%.

Monark
Zen Master I
_jis_

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/82441#Comment_82441

I am sorry, I cannot help you with that, because I don't even remember if I ever discharge my ZF6 below 40% (I charge daily). So my charging is without any heat effect (surrounding temp. averages around 20°C here). My AccuBattery charging history dates back only to March 31st and minimum was 41%.

View post
Oh that's great and the temp. is also favourable for you. Here it is like burning hot everyday.
But how about a feature to turn off fast charging as scheduled charging only cuts of fast charging after 80 percent.@Anders_ASUS @LP_ASUS

Mayendra
Rising Star II
yea the phone heats up alot when charging, i usually take off my case then put the phone under cool surface like glass or floor, idk why its heated bcs my bro phone got 30W charger its blazing fast and cooll (20%-90%)