This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can turn off data/Wifi even when the screen is locked... This security loophole...

yaswanth
Star II
I've previously used a samsung a50 2017 model. I'm missing the security features provided in that, i.e., unable turn off data/ Wifi, when screen is locked. when compared to my now asus6z, i can do that. This is a security issue.. i hope the upcoming updates to rectify this problem...
9 REPLIES 9

Saran
Rising Star II
is the issue is that you can turn off internet on lock screen ? But you don't want that ? is that correct ?

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
This is current Android behavior as per Google and for the initial Q releases , we havent changed this.
We may however change this behavior down the line - and will record your feedback.

fjaviergj
Rising Star II
@CH_ASUS
It would also be good that during the start, you must first unlock the phone and then enter the pins, as in Zenfone 5z and Android 9.

_jis_
Zen Master III
fjaviergj

@CH_ASUS

It would also be good that during the start, you must first unlock the phone and then enter the pins, as in Zenfone 5z and Android 9.

View post
But there is no problem with that, and that's exactly how it works on Android 10. Check your screen lock settings.
You may have installed an app with Device Administrator privileges, it always resets the screen lock settings, so it doesn't want you to enter pin before Android starts up.