Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZenFone 6 ZS630KL
Firmware Version: WW_18.0610.2011.107
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: every time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Youtube Music
========================================
Look, I don't like this android 11 on zenfone 6.
First, on this version zen ui launcher I can't change icon pack anymore, the option wasn't there.
Second, I don't know if it's android 11 behavior or a bug, but after closing youtube music, the media control doesn't disappear, I have to restart the phone to make it disappear
screenshot-20210106-061659838.jpg
Third, seems like asus programmer didn't do anything to their crappy twin apps. It still can't access contact for whatsapp.
So how can I downgrade to android 10? I've tried to download android 10 firmware and place it on microsd, and then try to install it via recovery mode but it didn't work
20 REPLIES 20

girishsonu2000
Rising Star II
Whatever

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/145164#Comment_145164

1. Yeah I don't know it, so care to tell me how to do it in asus launcher?
  2. Yeah I know this, it's just I don't want to bother where I have to backup my contact to email then restore it so the whatsapp clone then can read the contact. So what if there's one new contact? Instead the whatsapp clone can read that new contact via contact list, I have to backup my contact to email first then restore it again to my phone so that the whatsapp clone can read that one new contact? Not very practical right? That's why I always said that asus implementation of clone app is sucks big time compare to other manufacturer.

So instead you only commented I don't know how to do the thing I ask. It's much more faster and helping if you commented about how to do it.

View post
Why u want to use asus launcher it kind of suck use nova (forever love)
I too agree cloning sucks in asus once u setup Google account for cloning then everything will be sorted, just save new contacts in Google account, we do have this option while saving contacts then turn on auto synchronize

ramdanrivanto
Rising Star II
Try asus.tw bios and firmware even in taiwan site they provide downgrade A11 to A10 for global.

Bhasky
Rising Star II
ramdanrivanto

Try asus.tw bios and firmware even in taiwan site they provide downgrade A11 to A10 for global.

View post
@Whatever , @ramdanrivanto is right, it's in second tab of website, get that and downgrade

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Whatever

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ZenFone 6 ZS630KL
  2. Firmware Version: WW_18.0610.2011.107
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: every time
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Youtube Music

========================================

Look, I don't like this android 11 on zenfone 6.

First, on this version zen ui launcher I can't change icon pack anymore, the option wasn't there.

Second, I don't know if it's android 11 behavior or a bug, but after closing youtube music, the media control doesn't disappear, I have to restart the phone to make it disappear

screenshot-20210106-061659838.jpg

Third, seems like asus programmer didn't do anything to their crappy twin apps. It still can't access contact for whatsapp.

So how can I downgrade to android 10? I've tried to download android 10 firmware and place it on microsd, and then try to install it via recovery mode but it didn't work

How to downgrade to Android 10
1. "Icon pack support has been removed from the launcher" yes that's true from what I know this was done to avoid some compatibility issues (other OEMs have did the same afaik)
But still there are many icon packs you can apply through their apk (many support Zen ui launcher)
2. Did you try sliding the notification away?left or right? What's the behaviour then? (This might be an isolated software glitch with you)
3. You have to link your Google account to access saved contacts in twin apps settings for the cloned app
And please don't don't disrespect the devs even if there are some bugs, you may not agree but Asus did work pretty hard on Zenfone 6's beta program this year, it got 14 fricking beta's in total and Zenfone 6 remains one of the only 2019 devices leaving pixels to get updated to android 11.
Plus this time the experience has been very stable for everyone leaving a few cosmetic bugs that's rather good as a jump from one android os version to another brings various bugs with it (just look at the amount of complains on oneplus forums regarding oos 11)
If you find a bug report it to the mods it'll be fixed in the next ota
Asus added almost all Zen ui 7 features to Zenfone 6 icon style,accent color support, animation speed support in ui itself,Rog like game genie, battery care features,a smoother and aesthetically better ui and the removal of bloat like avast
That's all I gotta say

Whatever
Rising Star I
@ramdanrivanto , @Bhasky . Thanks for the info will look it tonight, if it's WW version then I can use it