Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flip camera comes out side

sivamani242
Rising Star I
When u shake asus 6z mobile for 10 to 15 times flip camera comes out ,
Howerver it goes back ,
Asus you should have put a strong magintude power to attach camera to back it self ,
And while opening front camera power shall be lost
However i am thinking it is not durable for more than 9-12 months ,
Is there possiblity to get any hardware upgradation with free of cost at your service centres?
15 REPLIES 15

prashanth
Rising Star II
sivamani242

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/28954#Comment_28954

Hello Mr , please maintain some decent behaviour , i posted on my own why your including country ,

May be You beat dog with leg , but we don't as it was living thing we respect them , we only use stick to control them , and we don't eat them

I posted because i had faced problem ,

You put your phone in pocket and do jagging (like left and right) then see what happens to camera .

You put your phone in hand and dance enjoying with music then see what happens to camera.

U give your phone to illletrate person , u tell that camera will flip , then see what happens , he will shake mobile definitely because he don't know how it will come out

View post
I keep the phone with me while jogging....it may come out sometimes ...that too a little bit,then again use retract and you are good to go

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
VS-KR

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/29070#Comment_29070

This is not a joke, a double tap on the camera module when it is almost inside its cavity trigger camera retraction automatically, if so enabled.

This is "knock twice to retract", a gentle double tap is fully enough ...

There is an intentional play with this camera in the first degree of rotation, this is why the camera is a little open.

View post
He's referring to Colorsage's comment. https://www.amazon.com/double-sided-tape/s?k=double+sided+tape
That would defeat the purpose of the flip camera, but it would most definitely keep the camera secured. 😉

sarathchandran1
Star III
I have faced the same problem. When i kept my mobile on a mobile stand for using the GPS and was riding my bike the camera came out often.

evnchn
Rising Star II
Locking in the camera requires constant power going into the stepper motor and creates noise. The current solution is very good. You need to bear in mind that this solution is the only one in the market that allow you to use back camera sensor as front camera and able to stop in between without obscure the image. You may argue that the camera being loose is a trade off for that, but I disagree.

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi all

I believe it has been mentioned in the past as well , in another thread, but we can for sure mention it again.

Yes, this is the current limitation of Flip camera. You can in essence "Force it out" by applying g-forces to it , like shaking it quickly.
The gears aren't locking. They are always free flowing in a sense, although they do have some built in resistance.
Why?

If the gears would lock firmly in place, with say a locking mechanism, etc, it would be much easier to break the motor and gear assembly when the flip camera is "out". Now it is designed to be able to be "pushed around" manually (but please don't) - which does ensure better longevity and resistance to wear.

Second;
When it is resting in its cradle, the built in resistance keeps it in place - but not against everything, anything,
Using a magnet to hold it in place - well , a magnet takes space - and will also interfere with the charging (plus other) components held within that space.

Having the motor always-on "pushing the module slightly" against the body at all times is also not a good solution for many reasons (wear/tear, battery life, noise, and whatnot).

Hopefully the general stability and usage can still be acceptable for your daily usage, even though it occasionally will "flip out" of its cradle.

Thanks!