This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerprint unresponsive

Vignesh
Star I
I have been using finger print without issues so far, but suddenly today morning the phone did not wakeup with fingerprint. It is not that it does not recognize the finger, there was no vibration (to indicate unmatched entry), so it was not active at all. It was as if fp is never enabled. I clicked power button, entered pin and thereafter finger print started working after turning off display. It has happenned only once so far.

Has anyone faced this? Is it an issue with fp sensor (temporarily not responsive) or expected behaviour, like it is in honor devices where pin is forced once every 3 days?

The phone is amazing in all other aspects, and moderators are responsive here, thank you Asus!
Thanks.
13 REPLIES 13

Vignesh
Star I
It asked for PIN again after 3 days again. So it looks like zenui forces manual pin entry every 3 days if pin was not used in that duration. Not an issue with sensor.

5hreenit
Star II
It does ask for a pin every time you restart or shut down and turn the phone on again. I'm not sure if that happened overnight. Blame random bootloops if that's happening. That's a default setting is turned on in the developer settings. Check if it's happens if this issue persists without you restarting the phone in daily use. 

ashishengr_kuma
Rising Star I
It happens when you switch on the phone or rebot the phn.. For the first time after switching on it asks for pin then fingerprint works fine. I have faced same thing in my last phone which was not from asus.. 

kooldude7285
Rising Star II
this is related to android security not asus