cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast charging issue with ZenFone 6

abhimathew22
Star III
Hey All,
From the past week my 6z isn't supporting fast charge.
I tried other fast chargers from Huawei & samsung and still no fast charging. since samsung allows "Smart charging, at least my Phone could be charged while as when using Asus original (charger and cable) pair and Huawei's pair, no charging at all!!
It charges for a few seconds and gives an alert of charging off and keeps on making that noise (ding.... ding .... ding...)
It is fast charging that my fone isn't supporting and shows 6-7 hours to full charge but charges up in 4-5 hours.
Please please suggest a way out or anything that could help.

PS : Schedule charging was off, no battery monitoring of any kind is active.
42 REPLIES 42

abhimathew22
Star III
tomyy0842

I've had issues with charging in the past few days as well. The phone doesn't support fast charging anymore. I've tried several chargers that support fast charging but my phone just doesn't fast charge anymore. The chargers work with other phones so I'm sure the problem is with my ZenFone 6. It's a bummer because I love the phone so much.

View post
Try the step mentioned above as a temporary option (as shut down of all stores and stuff) for the urgent 1517% charging.
You can use any charger and you will see the charger will get abnormally heated up in this process.
😩👾😩
I love my fone and I don't want it to have another surgery (I had one earlier when my primary speaker stopped working).😕

tomyy0842
Star I
abhimathew22

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/71852#Comment_71852

Try the step mentioned above as a temporary option (as shut down of all stores and stuff) for the urgent 1517% charging.

You can use any charger and you will see the charger will get abnormally heated up in this process.

😩👾😩

I love my fone and I don't want it to have another surgery (I had one earlier when my primary speaker stopped working).😕

View post
I tried installing the latest .144 update from the ASUS website and was happy to find that fast charging worked after the update, but after charging the phone once fast charging doesn't work again. I'm currently using normal charging for my phone, which is very slow, but will continue to use it until ASUS rolls out an update or until I can't take it anymore and do a factory reset.

_jis_
Zen Master III
Why do not all users with the same firmware version have this problem? It would be good if Asus explained why this happens only to some users. What causes this problem? Any difference in hardware, different components? Or defective components?

nando_biomed
Star I
Same issue Here.
5K68LL6UXJ4E.jpg

prashanth
Rising Star II
For me fast charging doesn't work occassionally
I have to check everytime whether its fast charging or not..if not plug out and plug in
Sometimes it doesn't even charge....The problem started with .144