This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can We Get The T-mobile VOLTE Update Before The End Of The Year?

sedl23
Rising Star II
From what I understand the TMobile volte update is included with the upcoming Android 11 update. We have 2 weeks left before these phones won't work on T-Mobile without VOLTE . I understand u guys are getting the last few bugs out of the android 11 update and that's fine.

Is there any way we can get the VOLTE update seperated from android 11 and get that pushed out now? Starting on the 1st our phones won't work if the android 11 update isn't released.
9 REPLIES 9

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
sedl23

From what I understand the TMobile volte update is included with the upcoming Android 11 update. We have 2 weeks left before these phones won't work on T-Mobile without VOLTE . I understand u guys are getting the last few bugs out of the android 11 update and that's fine.

Is there any way we can get the VOLTE update seperated from android 11 and get that pushed out now? Starting on the 1st our phones won't work if the android 11 update isn't released.

Can We Get The T-mobile VOLTE Update Before The End Of The Year?
I've been told that you will have A11 before Tmo requires VoLTE. No need to worry.

gouravjoshi100
Rising Star I
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/41691/can-we-get-the-t-mobile-volte-update-before-the-end-of-...

I've been told that you will have A11 before Tmo requires VoLTE. No need to worry.

View post
Wow finally some good news...can we still expect it today 😉 or early next week? Eagerly waiting to taste a11.

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
As far as I know, T-mobile has not given many specifics on how they are going to handle this. Correct me if I'm wrong, but all they have said is that in January they are going to shut down the 3G network. I have NOT seen it said that this would specifically happen on a specific date in January, such as January 1st. I have also not seen it specifically said (though it seems implied by the reporting) that the change will happen suddenly as opposed to a staged shutdown. Days ago I did call customer support and the tech person I talked to had no clue (not surprisingly).
Bottom line, what Anders said "might" not mean that Asus is promising to release A11 prior to January first. But hopefully it does lol.
Edit - Random additional thought. I have to assume there are loads of people on the T-mobile network still using phones that are older and don't support VoLTE that also don't keep up to date on such issues. I have yet to see T-mobile (unless I'm forgetting it) send a text or email or letter to me or others notifying them of this upcoming change. It makes me wonder with regards to the real timing of the change. But 🤷‍♂️

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
New update for VoLTE for 10 but it doesn't seem to work. I installed it and then rebooted and then activated it in settings, but when making a call it still switches to HSPAP. I did try one extra reboot to see if that would help but it didn't. I have the APN set as T-Mobile US LTE (fast.t-mobile.com)
I can't imagine it's my location. We have a T-mobile cellspot (https://www.t-mobile.com/support/coverage/4g-lte-cellspot) connected to the internet so we have full signal strength and my wife's Motorola gets VoLTE with it (and I always did in the past with previous phones).
Edit - I just tried it at work and I don't get LTE there either, but it reverts to GSM (per the app "Network Mode" - the status bar gives no indication at all of the type of connection).

screenshot-20201222-055506052.jpg
@Anders_ASUS

sedl23
Rising Star II
Same issues I've been trying I'm not seeing any indication that VOLTE is on while in phone calls and even while in calls my phone is showing the data is giving me 3G and H+ connections... Not sure what's going on here