This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls not received. Texts delayed.

justinleon2113
Star III
Hello. Just upgraded to the ZenFone 6 (Edition 30) over the new year and notice that many calls from family and friends are going straight to voicemail. I tested this with a friend in the room, and out of 5 attempts, only 3 made the phone ring. Many important calls for business do not ring at all. I am using Ultra Mobile (T-Mobile MVNO) and have done the usual run-around (reset phone, empty cache, check all settings for fowarding, DND, and such). Even on a fresh install, it is experiencing the same phenomenon. I tried a different phone and it seemed to consistently work...I'll keep testing.
I wanted to see if anyone else had issues with not getting calls or texts (irrespective of carrier) or if it could be just carrier issues for me. I have great coverage in my area, thus it is not like I am roaming or disconnected. Thank you for the help.
159 REPLIES 159

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
TMobile US for me (updated apn settings per tmobile website). I had 3 missed calls yesterday. I know they were missed because at work when I have to log in to an outside computer system it calls my phone so that I can type in a passcode to confirm it is me. If my cellphone doesn't answer, my work phone is set to backup call. I did it 3 or 4 times yesterday and my 6z never rang once but it reverted to my work phone. The VMs of the attempts showed up about an hour later. Had good signal. Was on wifi if relevant.
Also had a significantly delayed text this AM. I also know this was delayed because I opened our safe which generates a text typically within 30 seconds. It didn't show up till half an hour later when I left home. Showed up within seconds of disconnecting from wifi as I drove.
I'm guessing (maybe wrong) that it's because they aren't giving us volte in the US (as opposed to elsewhere). Not sure if there is a wifi issue too as xda has a thread about missing texts and calls on wifi if I recall correctly. Sad because otherwise it is a great phone but hard to recommend it to anyone if they really need it to be a phone.
@Anders_ASUS @LP_ASUS

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
Maybe if enough people speak up something will happen but my impression is that US customers are on the back burner. Or maybe it is a money issue? Maybe they have to pay TMobile to get volte and wifi calling but they don't want to? I don't know. I just gotta be more careful, I guess, with future purchases.

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
skylerwolfe

TMobile US for me (updated apn settings per tmobile website). I had 3 missed calls yesterday. I know they were missed because at work when I have to log in to an outside computer system it calls my phone so that I can type in a passcode to confirm it is me. If my cellphone doesn't answer, my work phone is set to backup call. I did it 3 or 4 times yesterday and my 6z never rang once but it reverted to my work phone. The VMs of the attempts showed up about an hour later. Had good signal. Was on wifi if relevant.

Also had a significantly delayed text this AM. I also know this was delayed because I opened our safe which generates a text typically within 30 seconds. It didn't show up till half an hour later when I left home. Showed up within seconds of disconnecting from wifi as I drove.

I'm guessing (maybe wrong) that it's because they aren't giving us volte in the US (as opposed to elsewhere). Not sure if there is a wifi issue too as xda has a thread about missing texts and calls on wifi if I recall correctly. Sad because otherwise it is a great phone but hard to recommend it to anyone if they really need it to be a phone.

@Anders_ASUS @LP_ASUS

View post
Wonder if this can be passed on to developers.
@LP_ASUS @Anders_ASUS

niceded
Star II
I have the same issue from the beginning.
Also I'm T-Mobile user. I tried everything, but still get missing calls.
Asus we need your help!!