This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bypass lock pattern

wall4085
Star I
Got the notification for the new update and hit download. So far so good. The phone reboots once complete and asks for the unlock pattern. Suddenly I don't remember it. My fingerprint is still good, but the phone won't take it without the pattern. I tried google/android/find, but the service can't locate my phone (even though it's on the same network as the computer). I've spent hours trying different variations (with the mandatory wait between attempts steadily rising) and searching the internet for any way to accept a fingerprint or get past the unlock pattern without a factory reset.
Most of my files are on the SD card, but during a previous update, the camera reverted to saving on the internal memory, and it was several months before I noticed. I really don't want to lose those pictures or all of my contacts.
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: 6Z
Firmware Version: 18.0610.2103.137
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Continuous
1 REPLY 1

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
wall4085

Got the notification for the new update and hit download. So far so good. The phone reboots once complete and asks for the unlock pattern. Suddenly I don't remember it. My fingerprint is still good, but the phone won't take it without the pattern. I tried google/android/find, but the service can't locate my phone (even though it's on the same network as the computer). I've spent hours trying different variations (with the mandatory wait between attempts steadily rising) and searching the internet for any way to accept a fingerprint or get past the unlock pattern without a factory reset.

Most of my files are on the SD card, but during a previous update, the camera reverted to saving on the internal memory, and it was several months before I noticed. I really don't want to lose those pictures or all of my contacts.

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: 6Z
  2. Firmware Version: 18.0610.2103.137
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Continuous

Bypass lock pattern
I hope you remember your password by now. Best way to remember is to stop thinking about it. When you least expect it, it will come back to you with a "AAAAH OF COURSE, how could I've forgotten". This happens to me a couple of times every year with names and passwords 😄