This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buggy double tap to sleep

ColorSage
Zen Master I
Since my update to Android 10, using status bar to put my phone to sleep seems very buggy and it works in 30% of cases. Remaining ones result in partially expanded notifications panel. I've updated it with full wipe. Could you look into it?
14 REPLIES 14

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
I've mentioned that but I had the same issue on pie.

ColorSage
Zen Master I
67T912ARH8Y1.jpg
It wasn't that bad on Pie. It didn't work every time but at least notification panel was working correctly. I mean it was hiding itself so you could try again. In the picture I am not touching the screen.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
ColorSage

67T912ARH8Y1.jpg

It wasn't that bad on Pie. It didn't work every time but at least notification panel was working correctly. I mean it was hiding itself so you could try again. In the picture I am not touching the screen.

View post
Do you mean that the notification bar looks like this most of the time, or only appears like this when you are double tapping to go to sleep?

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
LP_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/36204#Comment_36204

Do you mean that the notification bar looks like this most of the time, or only appears like this when you are double tapping to go to sleep?

View post
I assume I'm seeing the same thing. Often times when double tapping on the status bar, the first of the two taps triggers a drop-down of the notification shade. The second tap then interacts with the notification shade. Sometimes it fully extends, sometimes it freezes halfway (not really frozen but just partially open and closed).
It works incorrectly enough that I've stopped using the feature for the most part because it is so variably effective. It might work 5 times in a row but then work wrong 4 out of the next 5 times.