This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring Back Video Recording In Pro Mode

Ronit_Roy__mail
Star II
The only reason that I've been sticking around with PixelMaster for several years now, is because it used to support Video in the Pro Mode which gave me a ton of features like manual focus, exposure, white balance etc. I have made some amazing videos with it & last year the Zenfone 5Z literally blew my mind with it's superior quality manual video. This year I upgraded to the Zenfone 6 (ASUS 6Z here in India) and I was disappointed to find that Pro Mode cannot shoot video anymore because Video is now a separate option.
I need to make videos because the profession I'm in & I hugely depend on the the Manual Video controls of my smartphone for that. This year, not having that feature is giving me a very hard time. I'm sticking around with ASUS since 2014 because you guys always had exactly what I needed. This year you removed one of the most important features to me that I use all the time. Can you please bring it back with an update as soon as possible? I'm having a really hard time because of it.
11 REPLIES 11

durv1503
Star II
I think they will do such addition soon. This is my first Asus device hence I don't know anything about their older devices. But it would be really good to get this feature in this device. Videos from this device are better than many devices but if we got pro mode for videos to customize by our choice it would be really awesome

Ronit_Roy__mail
Star II
durv1503

I think they will do such addition soon. This is my first Asus device hence I don't know anything about their older devices. But it would be really good to get this feature in this device. Videos from this device are better than many devices but if we got pro mode for videos to customize by our choice it would be really awesome

View post
Adjusting the settings manually while recording a video is feature that helps me to create professional looking videos. I've been dependent on it for a long time. I don't know why the new Camera app does,'t have that feature anymore. I need that feature which is why I bought an ASUS device again. But, found out that they've removed Video in Pro mode. I need it back as soon as possible. Hope they do something about it.

evnchn
Rising Star II
Hmm try extracting apk from 5z? Adding manual controls for video should be straightforward for Asus to do because the camera2 api is already in use, and you just add a bypass to whatever function that defines the camera values automatically in video. Perhaps wait.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
It has already been discussed internally that we should have a pro mode for video but that doesn't necessarily mean that it will happen or anytime soon. But I want you to know that we're aware that some people are missing this feature.
Using the camera from 5z wouldn't work very well. It wouldn't have better support than a 3rd party app and there are 3rd party apps with even better controls. One user recommended Filmic Pro even though it didn't work with the wide angle lens. I haven't tried it myself but he was blown away by the quality and all the options.