This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically flipping up camera in WhatsApp calls

So this maybe happens in other app as well (those I don't use so I'm not aware off). When someone video calls you in WhatsApp the camera flips up automatically even before you accept or reject a call. The point is that most part of the time the phone is laid down flat and the camera motor forces the component to open. It's not strong enough to complete the 180 degrees rotation (thanks God…) but again you can notice the motor struggling to get that flip up task done. It can eventually happen with the mobile in your pocket and the motor will force the camera to flip up damaging itself or even injuring the user. In these cases the hardware should wait for a user feedback (accept the call) to then start rotating; this happening to me several times while the mobile was flat in the table and I presume someday earlier or later the camera motor can be seriously damaged because of this automatic behavior. 
3 REPLIES 3

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Hi Gustavo, we know about this and it will be fixed in the next fota. The release date can change so unfortunately I can't tell you when it should be in august

shyamprabhu_g
Rising Star I
Hi Gustavo, we know about this and it will be fixed in the next fota. The release date can change so unfortunately I can't tell you when it should be in august
Similar auto rotation happens in Google Duo as well. But in Duo's case, the camera flips the moment I open the Duo app to make some call (irrespective of audio or video call).
So, it is like this. If I want to make a Duo audio call, I open the Duo app -> Camera flips open automatically -> I select the contact and click on audio call -> Camera closes automatically.
Shouldn't the camera flip open only after I select the contact and choose video call?

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
It's not decided by us. If this is the case, it is because the Duo app activates the camera. We can make a work around but it takes a lot of effort and in this case, it sounds like you will be holding the phone in most cases.