This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus zenfone 6z android 10 update

aashishkap07
Star I
hi, beta testing for Android 10 is going on...
i have already applied for beta testing, but still haven't got any email..
its been like more than 2 weeks..
9 REPLIES 9

Monark
Zen Master I
Is beta update still going on now only they released android 10 is that not stable update or it is beta for all. i am little confused cause yesterday i updated android 10 via system update.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
The version we have rolled out to all users is considered a stable version. That being said, it will have more bugs than pie did since this is a new Android version. A lot more users will use it now compared to when we did the beta testing. This means a lot more user scenarios that we have not already caught.

karanhv764
Star III
Anders_ASUS

The version we have rolled out to all users is considered a stable version. That being said, it will have more bugs than pie did since this is a new Android version. A lot more users will use it now compared to when we did the beta testing. This means a lot more user scenarios that we have not already caught.

View post
@Anders_ASUS Don't you guys do enough testing before a release ? Don't you think hiring new QA's and getting all these tested is a better option rather than giving pains to customer ? Remember, testing is more important than rolling out new features/updates, without which a software is not at all reliable. Faulty units and phones becoming dead after some time with or without an update clearly shows the hardware as well as the software is NOT robust.

Nanni
Star III
Generally a bug is a system wide problem faced by all users. But in case of OS there are many variables which can cause a bug to happen and major bugs will show in most of the handsets. The whole use of the beta testing is to clear out these major bugs and some minor ones that are case specific and when all those are solved that is considered stable for most users. So a specific group of some people cannot cover the millions of devices worth of problems but as such major problems are solved and those faced by other users are minor and someone after the stable release can find a major bug that the beta testers couldn't see. So to answer your question testing is not supposed to clear out 100% of the bugs (To be clear companies want to clear all the bugs). And the minor ones shouldn't be so bad that it foils the user experience for most people. 100% can only be achieved when all millions of devices are bug free which to be clear even Google cannot do whose OS it actually is. I'm not defending asus but all the companies in general. At the end of the day all they want is to earn money and they cannot do that when their users are not happy. So frankly it's in their interest to solve all the problems contrary to popular belief that they don't care etc etc.