Did you mean: 

Asus zenfone 6 rebooting randomly now not booting at all

MrContar
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
  1. Model Name: ZS630KL
  2. Firmware Version: Latest
  3. Rooted or not: Not Rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Every 10-30 minutes initially now not booting at all
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): None
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Received the Phone today 8GB/256GB model, UK, during setup it restarted about 5-10 times, had a bad feeling after reading about the motherboard issues, managed to get it set up, worked for about 10 minutes and restarted, continued restarting every 10-30 minutes, called asus support and the guy said try a factory reset, it didn't work so I called him back, he said to return it and he would send me instructions on how to do so, only asked for my postcode and no other info, after receiving nothing from him i emailed the company and they sent back a canned response with a prepaid postage stamp and instructions on how to send it back, I tried to use the phone to go on youtube as i wanted to see how videos looked on it and it turned off like normal, now it won't turn back on, the return email says to wipe all accounts and factory reset it otherwise they'll send it back to me as is, I can't do that as it wont turn on, i emailed them and asked but i think it's outside of office hours for them now, what should I do? i might try ringing them back in the morning and see if i get a better representative

Very displeased as I waited months to buy the phone and now it doesn't work at all and customer service hasn't been very helpful
7 REPLIES 7

MrContar
Star I
Try contact the store and tell them what's going on, If you can't return it try asking on the Asus website, they have a live chat thing I think so you can talk to a person, if they won't take it then you're screwed

Has the phone been doing it since you got it? If so you should have contacted the store then, more chance of them taking it back

they offered to try to fix it by themselves but i thought it might make the condition worse since i knew the motherboard was defective. thank you anyways. trying the website thing now.

alistairmidgley
Star III
Anyone had any success with getting this issue fixed?
I bought a zenfone6 online as it's not stocked in the UK back in December 2019. The phone worked for about 5 mins then went into a boot loop and eventually died completely. The online store did replace the phone but the process took about 2 months. Now I'm having problems with the replacement and I'm having no luck with any avenue I try. The replacement worked for 2 days and then suddenly powered off and was completely unresponsive.
I'm getting no contact from the seller and I'm being fobbed off by Asus who are refusing to do anything about it despite this being a known issue. It seems like I've just wasted nearly 3 months of my life and £430 chasing after a glossy paper weight.