This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus does not care at all

gunmanrishi
Star II
Inspite of reaching out on social media and here asus team just doesn't want accept the fact that the camera is messed up with no support for Google camera. The stock camera has gone from a flagship level to a mid range level but all asus cares about is organizing fan meets with Geeky Ranjit. I thought you guys gave a bunch of phones to Dev's to get custom rom support which never came out. Earlier atleast we were able to use the gcam now thanks to you guys that also doesn't work. I have paid for a premium device but thanks to you guys who are making it average day by day. Thank you for conning your users.
63 REPLIES 63

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
It has to be emphasized that we have nothing to do with Gcam. You can't expect it to always run perfectly because it's not a supported software. It's all up to the port developers to make it work when they feel like it. We haven't blocked anything and we're not allowed to actively trying to make this software work with our phones. It has to be done by people who have nothing to do with our organization.
The comparisons between our software and Googles are not fair. Everyone know that Google are the best when it comes to camera software for phones. It would be much more interesting to see comparisons to similar prized phones, both running stock camera software. Then we may talk.
If you want to find out how to run a stable GCam on your ZenFone 6 with Android 10, then you need to talk to the port developers. I know that it works. It's all i can say.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
nishaanth5000

AEKRNK679AIC.jpg

J6WRKQPBF4CM.jpg

Does the second image 48mp cam worth its size 15mb, kidding me or what look at the spots over that book , oh god. The 12mp one is 3mb, that's ok i can agree. I don't know what new reasons the mod would give. There are many feeds on camera with no proper reply. Hope we get a solution for this flagship(??????) device.

View post
Why did the 12mp (3mb) file look better than the 48mp (15mb) file? Probably because you took the picture inside with normal lighting. 48mp mode needs very bright light or daylight to produce better images. We always recommend you to use 12mp. The 48mp mode is an additional feature that can produce some amazing results under the right conditions.

Rustylord
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/28952#Comment_28952

Why did the 12mp (3mb) file look better than the 48mp (15mb) file? Probably because you took the picture inside with normal lighting. 48mp mode needs very bright light or daylight to produce better images. We always recommend you to use 12mp. The 48mp mode is an additional feature that can produce some amazing results under the right conditions.

View post
So when we capture a video, the camera is in 48mp or 12mp mode?

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
nishaanth5000

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/28973#Comment_28973

So when we capture a video, the camera is in 48mp or 12mp mode?

View post
Neither 🙂 Video uses a completely different format and resolution. There are alot of things that are different even though they use the same sensor

gunmanrishi
Star II
Anders_ASUS

It has to be emphasized that we have nothing to do with Gcam. You can't expect it to always run perfectly because it's not a supported software. It's all up to the port developers to make it work when they feel like it. We haven't blocked anything and we're not allowed to actively trying to make this software work with our phones. It has to be done by people who have nothing to do with our organization.

The comparisons between our software and Googles are not fair. Everyone know that Google are the best when it comes to camera software for phones. It would be much more interesting to see comparisons to similar prized phones, both running stock camera software. Then we may talk.

If you want to find out how to run a stable GCam on your ZenFone 6 with Android 10, then you need to talk to the port developers. I know that it works. It's all i can say.

View post
Very conveniently you got away with bunch of excuses. Leave the gcam what's with your own camera. Have you seen the night mode or even the dynamic range of the images produced by the stock camera. The least you can do is give excuses and act on the situation. I do not care about gcam as i understand it's not your headache. But the stock camera is. Rectify that. We didn't pay tunch of money to use a $100 phone camera.