cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Always On Display (AOD) for Zenfone 6?

CbIP
Star III
Hi all!
I don't know if this has been discussed already, but could it be possible to include the AOD (always on display) function in the further updates?
I know that the Zenfone 6 is equipped with an IPS screen (that was one of the reasons why I chose it) and IPS screens consume more power for the AOD. But then again, they do not burn-in as OLED screens do and the Zenfone 6 has a huge battery.
I am totally OK to spend extra 5% of the battery life in exchange for the AOD which looks nice and provides information.

11 REPLIES 11

_jis_
Zen Master III
Do you mean the function that temporary turns the display when a notification arrives and when the display is turned on it looks different compared to a regular lock screen?
Bingo 🙂
Ok. I personally have it solved quite differently for years. I use a small and unobtrusive Bluetooth headset, especially at meetings or outside the office. Tasker reads to me every notification, but not its contents, only the name of the application and who the message is from. My phone is hidden in my pocket, so I even don't bother anyone with a phone laying on the desk.

Mayendra
Rising Star II
@CbIP i welcome if there is AOD features, i just don't want to get my hopes high bcs the lack of zenfone 6 display quality.
so how about an AOD? @Anders_ASUS