Benjamin_Bernha
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 6
Firmware Version: .137
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: All day
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I've been experiencing huge battery drain as of late. Really by doing nothing unusual at all.
I even factory reset my phone but it seems to have done nothing. Checked for apps and settings to cause this but nothing seems to help.
Can't figure this out myself. This happened to anyone else?
screenshot-20210518-142302606.jpg

9 REPLIES 9

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Benjamin Bernhardsson

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Zenfone 6
  2. Firmware Version: .137
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: All day
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I've been experiencing huge battery drain as of late. Really by doing nothing unusual at all.

I even factory reset my phone but it seems to have done nothing. Checked for apps and settings to cause this but nothing seems to help.

Can't figure this out myself. This happened to anyone else?

screenshot-20210518-142302606.jpg

Abnormal battery drain
Please can you share long screenshot of your battery page which shows phone idle drain which will be make more clear exactly what is real problem here.
This can also be due to battery aging. You cannot expect same backup as it was from day 1 on 2 year old device. But yes if battery is draining in recent days in background than definetly there must be something running in the background. You have Auto start manager, and more power master options please try using that to avoid background battery drain. And see if you see some real diffrence.
Thanks!

Benjamin_Bernha
Rising Star II
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/48263/abnormal-battery-drain

Please can you share long screenshot of your battery page which shows phone idle drain which will be make more clear exactly what is real problem here.

This can also be due to battery aging. You cannot expect same backup as it was from day 1 on 2 year old device. But yes if battery is draining in recent days in background than definetly there must be something running in the background. You have Auto start manager, and more power master options please try using that to avoid background battery drain. And see if you see some real diffrence.

Thanks!

View post
Hi, sorry for the late answer.
When I took that screenshot it showed my phone idle to be somewhere around 3-5% if i remember correctly.
And yeah i get the battery degrading but it all happened so fast after the 137 update. It's sort of like something is corrupted maybe that's causing this. Or atleast that's all i can think of.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Benjamin Bernhardsson

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/167355#Comment_167355

Hi, sorry for the late answer.

When I took that screenshot it showed my phone idle to be somewhere around 3-5% if i remember correctly.

And yeah i get the battery degrading but it all happened so fast after the 137 update. It's sort of like something is corrupted maybe that's causing this. Or atleast that's all i can think of.

View post
Then here i think you must get your battery checked from authorised service centre. And if needed and you are not satisfied also you can get it replaced. Or also they will look into if there is some other reason.
Please visit your nearest service centre.if due to lockdown its hard to visit than i request you to make a call to toll free number of Global ASUS. And ask them if they can help you.
Thanks!

heyoka
Rising Star II
Sometimes (I'd say 1/10 charge) mine is charging very slowly or refuses to charge (it even discharges when on charge!) (Charging logo on)
I try many times to unplug replug but still the same

No problem if I charge when phone is powered off