This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A statement and challenge towards quantum mechanics in camera quality

evnchn
Rising Star II
I would like to state that unable to spot a worsening in camera performance does not equal camera is fine, but it means you are uncertain regarding the current situation. It is just like a qubit in quantum computing where it is unknown whether it is a 1 or 0.
To prove camera is good, take two photos from 9 and 10 respectively and show that it's the same, I challenge anyone who is still in favour of Asus to do so, or be silent, since telling us that you are uncertain = keeping silent, don't waste everyone's energy
To prove camera is good, take two photos from 9 and 10 respectively and show that it's different. I shall repeat that countless people have don't it already.
3 REPLIES 3

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
I have now stated in other larger threads that there are some minor differences but it really depends on what kind of scene you take photos of and which settings you're using.
In some cases, you will see zero difference between 9 and 10 but I have also found cases where the camera behaves differently. Primarily with HDR++ in a scene with lot's of bright light. The difference is by design but it's not what users expect from it. Most probably expect the result to have even brighter shadows and more information in bright areas than with HDR+ Auto but it will actually make darker areas darker and bright areas brighter while everything in between is more even than taking the picture in non HDR.
My team is currently discussing with our camera team about how to communicate this mode but the bottom line is that you shouldn't use it when you want to have a normal HDR image.
Even though there are differences, I'm sure I could give a similar or better results with Q FW when competing against someone who has the ZenFone 6 with the .198 FW (consider by some users to have the best camera software). The final result comes down to which settings you're using and how steady you are

evnchn
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

I have now stated in other larger threads that there are some minor differences but it really depends on what kind of scene you take photos of and which settings you're using.

In some cases, you will see zero difference between 9 and 10 but I have also found cases where the camera behaves differently. Primarily with HDR++ in a scene with lot's of bright light. The difference is by design but it's not what users expect from it. Most probably expect the result to have even brighter shadows and more information in bright areas than with HDR+ Auto but it will actually make darker areas darker and bright areas brighter while everything in between is more even than taking the picture in non HDR.

My team is currently discussing with our camera team about how to communicate this mode but the bottom line is that you shouldn't use it when you want to have a normal HDR image.

Even though there are differences, I'm sure I could give a similar or better results with Q FW when competing against someone who has the ZenFone 6 with the .198 FW (consider by some users to have the best camera software). The final result comes down to which settings you're using and how steady you are

View post
(It's 189 firmware. I really hope that was just a typo)
Thanks for replying to this thread. I thought it was just my mere effort to prevent people posting non-logical proofs. Now you are replying and thanks for every bit of effort that is happening under the scene.
I see why there is an inconsistent conclusion. We kept saying "in A scenario there is no difference" and "in B scenario there is a difference". Since these statements are not apple to apple and we kept trying to meet a conclusion, no conclusion is formed. At a mature moment where any more obvious problem with current firmware is solved, a categorized and systematic way of comparing photos take under similar scenes should be raised.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
We want to continue all camera discussion in the thread below and because of this, I will lock the current thread.
doublem101

I've been reading all the posts about the bad photo quality on Android 10 but honestly i didn't had the chance to test it in detail before.

However today, i had a spare time and it only took a couple minutes to see what everyone are talking about.

I already had taken some indoor photos and i noticed the high noise in darker areas but i went outside and i couldn't believe on what i was looking at. Slightly blured photos (like a shaken photo) and no detail at all, it looked like a watercolour painting. On some photos, darker areas were pinkish, something that i complained before in Pro mode on long exposures but never noticed it in any other mode.

However, i don't know if it's related or not but the few Gcam versions that works, aren't much better neither. Still a little better than stock app but really really worse than before. I'm not sure if they aren't already optimized or somehow related with the stock app bad quality. I don't know how Gcam works but what if the main issue isn't the stock APP itself but something behind it that makes Gcam works so bad also?

Sorry Asus, but i can't accept this quality from €500 device. One of the things that made me buy this phone was his night photo quality and now it takes worse photos than my old device?

I know you are looking at the problem already but i become frightened when i read that the differences you found aren't considerable. They are. If you didn't tested yet at night, outside, please do it. Theres were i found the major differences, not indoor.

I don't a have photo took in Android 9 under the same circunstances in this same places but please look at this photo. This isn't acceptable at all.

QUJHAN31QHLI.jpg

Today i took some shots at night and i confirm. The result is a disaster now in Android 10