This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6z camera is worse than 5z after updates(w/ proof)

hrishikeshsunde
Star III
6z daylight.jpg
5z daylight .jpg
6z night mode scene 1.jpg
6z night mode scene 2.jpg
5z auto mode scene 1.jpg
5z auto mode scene 2.jpg
5z auto scene 3.jpg
5z auto scene 4.jpg
6z night mode scene 3.jpg
6z night mode scene 4.jpg
@Anders_ASUS hey
There has been a lot of complaints about camera performance lately and gcam is also not supported right now , worst of them all stock camera performance has reduced with updates!! If lot of people are complaining about cameras at the same time , there must be a reason right?
I'm an ex-5z user and upgraded to 6z hoping for better results , but its worse...
I know that asus is not google and comparing with google is unfair , you yourself had told us that . But what about comparing with your own phones? I compared to last year's zenfone 5z with the 6z and results aren't even comparable in lowlight , even in daylight 5z seems to have better colors and exposure control...
Don't trust me? I've attached documents of different conditions..
Lowlight comparisons were done with night mode in 6z and auto mode in 5z , i used night mode in 6z since it doesn't have ois and 5z might get an unfair advantage... But night mode is supposed to compensate for ois right? U guys yourself have told that in an old post..
See the results for yourself.. comparison done with your own previous year phone and not with any expensive flagship or pixel , for reference 5z is selling for half the price of 6z now for 128gb variant..
See the attached docs and do the needful , dont vanish on me 😛
Thanks
51 REPLIES 51

doublem101
Star III
At least check what is preventing Gcam from working on Android 10.
It was amazing, mainly on Night Mode. Now, we have bad quality on stock app and no Gcam support at all. All versions, except one, hangs on HDR processing. The one that doesn't hang has really bad quality also. Something not right here.

hrishikeshsunde
Star III
@Anders_ASUS
Please take a look , I've compared to a phone with half the price and its not a pixel 😛 , its ur last year's flagship

Abid
Star I
Night mode is kidding af, and images in day light also blurry, with loss in zoom, looks like shot from old 8mp phones

gunmanrishi
Star II
A brand as ignorant as asus. People told me not to buy their phone but i ignored and now see their Dev's don't even bother to reply . @Anders_ASUS @LP_ASUS is google not working at your office or have you run out of excuses.

before0ne
Star II
Zenfone6 stock cam quality have been degraded overtime since I had moved to Android10. Most of the pics that I've taken seems to be over exposed and smoothened too much that it looks like a 5MP shot when cropped. The saturation have also gone beyond necessary and exposure is out of balance. Night sight is now a joke.
It would be nice if you can switch back the camera performance to however it was once before in Android9. I was happy back then and now the camera lets me down in every scenario and I keep deleting photos.
@Anders_ASUS I know you are not Google; don't try to be, atleast be Asus than being sh*thole 🙂 peace