This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6z camera is worse than 5z after updates(w/ proof)

hrishikeshsunde
Star III
6z daylight.jpg
5z daylight .jpg
6z night mode scene 1.jpg
6z night mode scene 2.jpg
5z auto mode scene 1.jpg
5z auto mode scene 2.jpg
5z auto scene 3.jpg
5z auto scene 4.jpg
6z night mode scene 3.jpg
6z night mode scene 4.jpg
@Anders_ASUS hey
There has been a lot of complaints about camera performance lately and gcam is also not supported right now , worst of them all stock camera performance has reduced with updates!! If lot of people are complaining about cameras at the same time , there must be a reason right?
I'm an ex-5z user and upgraded to 6z hoping for better results , but its worse...
I know that asus is not google and comparing with google is unfair , you yourself had told us that . But what about comparing with your own phones? I compared to last year's zenfone 5z with the 6z and results aren't even comparable in lowlight , even in daylight 5z seems to have better colors and exposure control...
Don't trust me? I've attached documents of different conditions..
Lowlight comparisons were done with night mode in 6z and auto mode in 5z , i used night mode in 6z since it doesn't have ois and 5z might get an unfair advantage... But night mode is supposed to compensate for ois right? U guys yourself have told that in an old post..
See the results for yourself.. comparison done with your own previous year phone and not with any expensive flagship or pixel , for reference 5z is selling for half the price of 6z now for 128gb variant..
See the attached docs and do the needful , dont vanish on me 😛
Thanks
51 REPLIES 51

mitzmandal
Star II
@Anders_ASUS @LP_ASUS mods look at the pics and take some steps. We atleast need the camera quality which was on version .189 on pie. If u can't improve on And10, atleast bring that quality back. We don't expect anything more. It's now shameful to show someone pics taken in 6z. Please do something.
The Hdr++ is broken now in 6z. Night site was always bad in 6z, and now daylight pics have become horrible. If zoomed u can see how much noise in it. 5z cam is even working better than 6z right now. The starting Variant.was 32k when i bought. Atleast do something to provide us a good quality photo worth spending 32k. If this continues, I surely have to sell this device and move to another brand.

shodhan219
Star I
@Anders_ASUS @LP_ASUS @CH_ASUS please check the image comparison given here.
Please forward our concerns to the dev team!!!

aamod_v8
Zen Master I
shodhan219

@Anders_ASUS @LP_ASUS @CH_ASUS please check the image comparison given here.

Please forward our concerns to the dev team!!!

View post
And please dont ruin camera quality of our 5z to please 6z fans. Improve 6z camera quality instead. You are not giving any bonus features for 5z cameras with A10, atleast please preserve %Z camera quality

FredrikH03
Star III
I agree that the low light camera quality is useless even though i only have had the 6z for 3 months now... My Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) litterally has a better camera in low light than the 6z... And the A5 doesnt even have a nightmode... This is probably the worst thing about the 6z, litterally everything else on this phone is flagship good for the price...

Jashwanth
Star I
Camera performance has been degraded now