This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6z camera is worse than 5z after updates(w/ proof)

hrishikeshsunde
Star III
6z daylight.jpg
5z daylight .jpg
6z night mode scene 1.jpg
6z night mode scene 2.jpg
5z auto mode scene 1.jpg
5z auto mode scene 2.jpg
5z auto scene 3.jpg
5z auto scene 4.jpg
6z night mode scene 3.jpg
6z night mode scene 4.jpg
@Anders_ASUS hey
There has been a lot of complaints about camera performance lately and gcam is also not supported right now , worst of them all stock camera performance has reduced with updates!! If lot of people are complaining about cameras at the same time , there must be a reason right?
I'm an ex-5z user and upgraded to 6z hoping for better results , but its worse...
I know that asus is not google and comparing with google is unfair , you yourself had told us that . But what about comparing with your own phones? I compared to last year's zenfone 5z with the 6z and results aren't even comparable in lowlight , even in daylight 5z seems to have better colors and exposure control...
Don't trust me? I've attached documents of different conditions..
Lowlight comparisons were done with night mode in 6z and auto mode in 5z , i used night mode in 6z since it doesn't have ois and 5z might get an unfair advantage... But night mode is supposed to compensate for ois right? U guys yourself have told that in an old post..
See the results for yourself.. comparison done with your own previous year phone and not with any expensive flagship or pixel , for reference 5z is selling for half the price of 6z now for 128gb variant..
See the attached docs and do the needful , dont vanish on me 😛
Thanks
51 REPLIES 51

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
5Z has better lowlightning sensor than 6Z 6Z is juzz an 10% performance upgrade than 5Z else i think 5Z is really. Redefining flagship m 5Z user and frm the day i have purchased not even a single issue faced in every aspect frm software n hardwRe both 5Z is amazing with everythng i love my 5Z which cn easily hit back on 6Z even OIS is ❤️?? n i cn say ASUS should do justice with the 5Z sensor as it is capable to click detailed lowlight than 6Z as beta testing in process i suggest asus take ur time to release but give us dedicated nightmode as a JUSTICE TO CAPABLE SENSOR ? in android 10

VYSH
Star I
After the update Asus 6z camera has become so bad. Trust me some low budget phones can even take better low light shots than the current miserable state of 6z. Night mode has become a joke. Day light shots also have the same story. I can't even see any differences on hdr off, hdr auto and hdr++. Exposure control is so pathetic . Please improve the quality and please make it fast .
Its my third phone from Asus. Don't let me down ..
From a big Asus fan

RAIDEN_
Rising Star II
So true for the price atleast give us the quality..

ColorSage
Zen Master I
I didn't believe these rumours maybe because I rarely do any other photograph than some papers but OP has a point. The difference is massive.

hrishikeshsunde
Star III
Thanks for all the support guys 🙂 , hope ASUS listens to our feedback and starts fixing the issues , it's in a very miserable state as of now...
I have also noticed pink tint when taking photos with the portrait mode
Hope asus can look into this too and hdr++ is completely brocken as of now doesn't work properly , really disappointment tbh , stock cam bad , no gcam support , we are really out of options right now...
Please save us from this doom ASUS
Portrait 6z pink tint.jpg