This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6Z camera freezes when flipping and lining on output

FredrikH03
Star III
My camera started freezing about 2 months ago, which i noticed using snapchat. I have had this phone for almost 2 years now and everything has been running smooth until then. The phone has been under normal use and dropping the phone was not the cause. The amount of flips has definitely not reached over 200k yet. Running newest update of android 10.
When i flip the camera to the front facing position or back, the video output on the screen freezes for 1-3 seconds before it all goes normal again. This is on top of the delay it usually has when flipping. This mostly happens when the camera has been off for a while, and goes away after flipping front to back a couple of times. It is slowly getting worse as time passes.
This problem happens on any app that uses the camera. Stock camera app, snapchat, instagram etc.
I have tried clearing app cache, reinstalling apps, restarting the phone, but the problem wont change.
I also noticed around the same time, that sometimes there appears lines/glitching on the video output when i shake the phone or camera module itself. This happens rarely and usually clears after letting the phone stay off for a while. And no, it does not happen if i for example record a long video or use the camera for a long time, its totally random.
So would this be a mechanical problem or a software error? I think that for a software error, it would be weird that this lining on the video output only occurs sometimes and the camera flip freeze goes away after a while.
This is also the only noticeable problem on the phone so far other than a slightly reduced battery capacity (which is expected).
I try to keep dust and metal particles away from the mechanism and make sure it flips smoothly.

3 REPLIES 3

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
FredrikH03

My camera started freezing about 2 months ago, which i noticed using snapchat. I have had this phone for almost 2 years now and everything has been running smooth until then. The phone has been under normal use and dropping the phone was not the cause. The amount of flips has definitely not reached over 200k yet. Running newest update of android 10.

When i flip the camera to the front facing position or back, the video output on the screen freezes for 1-3 seconds before it all goes normal again. This is on top of the delay it usually has when flipping. This mostly happens when the camera has been off for a while, and goes away after flipping front to back a couple of times. It is slowly getting worse as time passes.

This problem happens on any app that uses the camera. Stock camera app, snapchat, instagram etc.

I have tried clearing app cache, reinstalling apps, restarting the phone, but the problem wont change.

I also noticed around the same time, that sometimes there appears lines/glitching on the video output when i shake the phone or camera module itself. This happens rarely and usually clears after letting the phone stay off for a while. And no, it does not happen if i for example record a long video or use the camera for a long time, its totally random.

So would this be a mechanical problem or a software error? I think that for a software error, it would be weird that this lining on the video output only occurs sometimes and the camera flip freeze goes away after a while.

This is also the only noticeable problem on the phone so far other than a slightly reduced battery capacity (which is expected).

I try to keep dust and metal particles away from the mechanism and make sure it flips smoothly.

6Z camera freezes when flipping and lining on output
Firstly factory reset your device on Android 10 version that you are using than update it to Android 11. To see if issue resolves.
Latest update for Zenfone 6 is👇👇👇
Admin

【Version】

【Model Name】

ZenFone 6 ZS630KL

【Release Date】

2021/05/27

Since the server pushes update notice to different serial numbers by batches, it may take some days for you to receive the FOTA notice. Thanks for your patience. You may tap “System updates” in [Settings] >[System] to check if there is new firmware available. Or, you can also try to manually update firmware by referring to the following link.

How to update firmware on my phone?

【Release Note】

1. Updated Android security patch
  2. Updated APN version
  3. Fixed the problem that status bar cannot slide out when playing videos or games in full screen

[210525]ZenFone 6 ZS630KL_WW_18.0610.2104.145 (Android 11)
Make sure you are updated to latest Android 11 (.145) version.
Thanks!

_jis_
Zen Master III
I also noticed around the same time, that sometimes there appears lines/glitching on the video output when i shake the phone or camera module itself. This happens rarely and usually clears after letting the phone stay off for a while. And no, it does not happen if i for example record a long video or use the camera for a long time, its totally random. So would this be a mechanical problem or a software error? 
I can't think of anything other than damage to the camera cable.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@FredrikH03 Are you still encountering these issues on the latest 2106.156 firmware version that we released last week?
Also, the lines/glitching you mention when you shake the device sounds hardware-related. Have you by any chance been in contact with a service center since making this thread?
Cheers,