crissyneth
Star I
Model: ZE620KL
RAM: 6G
Firmware/APP Version: 5.0.43.2_190117_3M
Frequency of Occurrence: 80%
Rooted: No
APP Name: Camera

Last edited by crissyneth on 2019/3/31 10:21 When using zoom starting 1.7 zoom until 4.0 zoom. Too much pixelization when zooming and only happens in the main rear camera. The pixel is not evident at the start but pops up after a few seconds usage. I mean when zooming 1st its not there and the 2nd try its there. The pixel some times multiplies in other parts like a disco light, but the one pixel which I took is always there. I cover my finger at the camera and use the zoom and you will see it. The image below with the black circle is at 4.0 zoom the 2nd and succeeding times. The image without the black circle is the se 4.0 zoom done the 1st time. I never had this problem before and I think its a software problem because it's looks like it's imtermitent. I have never dropped the phone ever. Occasional bumps when holding the phone but never a drop. My phone is always in a soft cushioned bag for phones. My phone is not even a year old and is having problems. If it's a hardware issue will it be fixed or a replacement be a better solution. Please help. I'm an avid ASUS user with 2 phones, a laptop and. O!Play. Please help me.
6 REPLIES 6

Redlith
Star III
Mine was fine except on slow motion. When it zoomed,Pixelation comes.

ServiceE_Asus
Star I
Hi crissyneth, Good day. May I check again whether the pixel white dots are like a star to flicking? If yes. I've passed this case to our tech team for a check. Thank you.

ServiceE_Asus
Star I
Hi crissyneth , Good day, May I check with you again whether your phone is ZS620KL? Could you please kindly show me your firmware version? (settings> system > about phone > software information > build number) Thank you.

crissyneth
Star I
Actually it many white dots are flickering except for that same white dot which I encircled in black. It flickers also nut the white color is very much apparent like a pixel damage or something. Also I just found out that my front camera is also having the same issue, only thing is it's reversed; meaning its in the same area but like a flipped pic. I hope you can understand me. The conclusion I have is when you take selfies the photo is flipped right. It's something like that. Flip the pic I sent and it's like that, but here's another catch...it's flickering only. I mean the its not like the white pixel damage. I'm really sorry if my explanation is very vague, but the way I look at it I really believe it's a software issue. It's the same problem for both main camera's front and back. I left it yesterday afternoon April 2nd in a branch in Quintin Paredes here in the Philippines and they're saying about a reflash of the software via ASUS tech. Now a day has passed and they're still checking, but they said they already flashed the phone.