This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB OTG Not Working Properly

Kalpit
Star I
When I am trying to use a hard drive to transfer my data from my 5Z I am not getting the option to transfer data most of the times. Instead the screen shows that a USB device is being charged from the phone. After trying for multiple times the hard drive shows up as external storage (Even in this case the battery drains like hell). I am using Android 9 as of now. Please help in fixing this.
3 REPLIES 3

sidarya31
Rising Star II
Yup i also experienced this in Android 10 too, phone misbehaves while on OTG n sometime phone get restart.

victor010
Zen Master III
Hi, this is an expected result. When using OTG, if not powered by an external USB port, it draws the energy from your phone, and USB sticks/hard drives are not usually designed to work with low power, and they do take a toll.
Also, I know it's not ideal, but the fewer files you have on the drive you're using the better. With more files, your device spends more time and energy scanning them.

sidarya31
Rising Star II
victor0_ASUS

Hi, this is an expected result. When using OTG, if not powered by an external USB port, it draws the energy from your phone, and USB sticks/hard drives are not usually designed to work with low power, and they do take a toll.

Also, I know it's not ideal, but the fewer files you have on the drive you're using the better. With more files, your device spends more time and energy scanning them.

View post
No its not an expected result, phones like Max pro m1 doesn't misbehave like 5z while on OTG for Pendrive.