This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updates for asus 5z

ZT-2b48628a
Star III
Hi asus, I would like to know if there are anymore updates for us 5z users. Because there are still problems like battery drain, heating problems and so on.
And also is android 11 or zen ui 7 comming to 5z. I am just curious about it. Because I just bought this a year ago and I still like this device, that's why.
It would be great if we atleast get zen ui 7 instead of android 11.
74 REPLIES 74

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
m4a3scar@gmail.com

Hi asus, I would like to know if there are anymore updates for us 5z users. Because there are still problems like battery drain, heating problems and so on.

And also is android 11 or zen ui 7 comming to 5z. I am just curious about it. Because I just bought this a year ago and I still like this device, that's why.

It would be great if we atleast get zen ui 7 instead of android 11.

updates for asus 5z
Yes, there is january security patch incoming after feb-16th battery drain is due to battery aging & health so changing battery at service centre may help to gain good backup, there is no heating problem at regular usage and heavy games or task may get device bit warmer no need to worry! also regarding Zenui 7/Android 11 both are still under evaluation for 5z.
Thanks!

ZT-2b48628a
Star III
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/44548/updates-for-asus-5z

Yes, there is january security patch incoming after feb-16th battery drain is due to battery aging & health so changing battery at service centre may help to gain good backup, there is no heating problem at regular usage and heavy games or task may get device bit warmer no need to worry! also regarding Zenui 7/Android 11 both are still under evaluation for 5z.

Thanks!

View post
Actually I bought this phone just a year ago 2019 November and battery starts to slow down

dsaikat127
Star III
Battery life was really good with Android 9 but after the update of Android 10 it's just not that good that i noticed.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
dsaikat127

Battery life was really good with Android 9 but after the update of Android 10 it's just not that good that i noticed.

View post
Battery health totally depends on personal user usage patterns and battery's lifecycle if you are noticing battery drain alot with Android 10 than its not software to blame on but its a battery aging problem.
I can confirm you that because 2 days ago i have replaced my battery and now i am getting almost a 7 hrs to 6.30 hr SOT with latest Android 10 version i. E. . 110 you must see this 👇
screenshot-20210223-034424427.jpg
I think if you are really not very satisfied with your backup even after factory reset than time has come to get your battery replaced for better SOT here there is nothing wrong with software to blame on.
Thanks!