Did you mean: 

Unlock Device App does not unlock bootloader

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 5 ZE620KL
Firmware Version: WW_15_0610_1801_42
Rooted or not: NOT
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Unlock Device App

The program does not unlock the bootloader, writes (An unknown error occurs, which may be a network connection issue. please wait and try again later)
125 REPLIES 125

ionut_mocan
Star I
Hi,
I'm getting the same error "An unknown error occurs, which may be a network connection issue. please wait and try again later". Did someone found a fix?
Thank you!

ionut_mocan
Star I
Christine_ASUS

Hi Zafaralimansoori & Rickkk

Due to further processes involving personal information(SN), please check your inbox and reply to the PM.

View post
I need a little help.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi ionut_mocan
Due to further processes involving personal information(SN), please check your inbox and reply to the PM.

wtf-olga123
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ZE620KL
Firmware Version: WW_V16.0615.2005.130
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Unlock Device App V9.1.0.7_180912 / V9.1.0.1.180130
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi there,
I bought a brandnew ZE620KL couple of days ago and updated OTA from Android O to P (WW_16.0615.1903.92)
Afterwards I updated manually and succesful by download from website to WW_V16.0615.2005.130
Afterwards I wanted to unlock my bootloader with both unlock app from website which did not work.
Error message: "unknown network error, please wait and try later "
I definitely want to unlock my bootloader

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Dear friends
After checking with the relevant team, the issue is now under investigation. For people who purchased the device from authorized reseller, first hand device and never rooted or unlocked your device, please wait for my reply in this thread. Sorry for any inconvenience it may caused.