onurtrklmz
Star I
Model: ZE620KL
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: WW_16.0615.1907.105
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Rooted: No
APP Name:

With the latest firmware WW_16.0615.1907.105, the phone became unbelievably slow. 1) Face recognition and fingerprint sensor became slower. I use lock sounds enabled. I put my finger while device screen is off, hear the unlock sound and wait 1-2 seconds after that the device wakes and takes me to home screen. When the screen is on, the experience is the same. Unlock speed was perfect on this phone since the day I bought it. This is ruined with this update. 2) PIP videos became laggy. I use Netflix and YouTube picture in picture. Before this horrible update those apps work flawlessly. But with the update when I try to start the PIP procedure (press home button while watching things) phone freezes a little bit, and then take me to home with laggs, sometimes force close those video apps. 3) The UI became the slowest ever. App drawer opens sometimes laggy. Simple 2d games stuck at opening logo. 4) Camera app forcing HDR more than anytime ever. Greens became nearly whites. Blues and skies became noisily. This hole update was about camera quality... This is what quality means for ASUS? 5) Only one good thing is headphone sound quality is better than the previous firmware. Somehow this is what I get fine from this disaster. I really can't believe this. I hope these bugs will be fixed ASAP. And please let the headphone sound quality remain as it is on this firmware. But fix everything besides that. I'm about to throw the phone out of the window :curse:
4 REPLIES 4

alexavlis1_as
Star I
I have the same problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maggus91
Star I
Is there something known that WLAN + Mobile Data Traffic shuts down in Standby after every Update? Have to reset Network Preferences after every single Update....and then its fixed and internet works even in standby..... until the next update appears.

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
Last edited by Jei_ASUS on 2019/8/1 14:45 Hi onurtrklmz, Thank you for your feedback. Could you provide more information to allow us to help you with this experience? 1) Face recognition and fingerprint sensor became slower. --> For fingerprint unlock, we have checked with the relevant team about this, and we will provide you the information once we receive any news on this. --> For face recognition, we would suggest you remove the original face data and set up the face data again to check if the problem still appears. 2) PIP videos became laggy. I use Netflix and YouTube picture in picture. --> Please tell us your Netflix version. Could you help us clarify for Netflix, whether the process is like this? --> open Netflix in full screen > go back to home screen > the lagging problem appears. Could you show us a short video of the lagging problem? This could help us greatly. To share videos, please upload it to ASUS WebStorage (https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/) and share the link with us. -->For YouTube, are you using the YouTube app or Chrome to watch in Picture-in-Picture mode? Please tell us the app version and show us a short video of the process if possible. 3) The UI became the slowest ever. App drawer opens sometimes laggy --> Could you show us a short video of the app drawer lag problem? Simple 2d games stuck at opening logo. --> Please tell us the app names and versions. 4) Camera app forcing HDR more than anytime ever. Greens became nearly whites. Blues and skies became noisily. --> Could you show us an original photo of the problem? Please tell us which mode and settings you are taking the picture in. Please help us with the above questions if possible. Thanks for your help 🙂

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
Maggus91 posted on 2019/7/30 03:07 Is there something known that WLAN + Mobile Data Traffic shuts down in Standby after every Update? ...
Hi Maggus91, We have replied to you in this thread: https://www.asus.com/zentalk/thread-279058-1-1.html Thank you 🙂