This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-Touch issue is still not solved!

ValeeraSanguina
Star III
APP Name: System overall and any app/game with Multi-Touch function.
Rooted: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Always.
Firmware/APP Version: Every.
RAM: 4G
Model: ZE620KL

I bought the 5Z near it's release date in my country and the Multi-Touch problem is here since the first day. It's like the touch panel don't have full Multi-Touch support, as seen in the MULTITOUCH TESTER app: When you move one finger on screen it moves as expected, smooth (good, not great anyway). When you try the same but with another finger holding on screen, movement gets sluggish compared to doing the same with one finger. The moving one gains a delay of almost a second. If you do it, but slightly sliding the moving one, you'll see the "low FPS" effect. (Funny that it doesn't happens with one nor even with three fingers or more, I should call it...Two-Touch issue?) It breaks any smooth gaming experience that the rest of the hardware have to offer. There is no specific firmware, app or game nor any specific version of those. It's happening since ever, everywhere. In THIS VIDEO you can compare the gaming experience between ZenFone 5 and 5Z. If it's the same touch panel, there's something wrong, huh? In THIS VIDEO you can see (fullscreen) that the aiming and the camera movement in First-Person or Third-Person games are being harmed by the issue. You can find OLDER and UNSOLVED POSTS about it over ZenTalk. Please, calibrate it or just tell us if it's a hardware "gimmick".
30 REPLIES 30

BrunoF20
Zen Master I
The only way is engaging people to test it and come enforce the post with their experience. I see people coming to read and just wait. You, reading this! Reproduce it, you can, every 5Z owner can. Comment here...maybe you can make a video. Show'em this is really happening! So they'll have to fix it, making a better experience for us all.

ValeeraSanguina
Star III
Yes, but people aren't engaged now because all the other bugs they're creating on each update.

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
ValeeraSanguinar posted on 2020/1/22 23:35 Yes, but people aren't engaged now because all the other bugs they're creating on each update. ...
Hi ValeeraSanguinar, Sorry for our late reply. Please provide your firmware version: Settings > System > About Phone > Software information

ValeeraSanguina
Star III
WW-100.04.44.98 here, but this happens in every build, everywhere. And i discovered that with one finger, the precise aiming stutter, slightly less than with two but still. With 3 fingers the behavior is what should be, smooth. Did you watch this? https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/a/#/s/1435B53919794E4AA78D75460C54C191Y

BrunoF20
Zen Master I
Same firmware here, and as the Valeera's linked video shows, the touch turns into low DPI with 1 finger, lower with 2, and with 3, it behave as it should.