This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-Touch issue is still not solved!

ValeeraSanguina
Star III
APP Name: System overall and any app/game with Multi-Touch function.
Rooted: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Always.
Firmware/APP Version: Every.
RAM: 4G
Model: ZE620KL

I bought the 5Z near it's release date in my country and the Multi-Touch problem is here since the first day. It's like the touch panel don't have full Multi-Touch support, as seen in the MULTITOUCH TESTER app: When you move one finger on screen it moves as expected, smooth (good, not great anyway). When you try the same but with another finger holding on screen, movement gets sluggish compared to doing the same with one finger. The moving one gains a delay of almost a second. If you do it, but slightly sliding the moving one, you'll see the "low FPS" effect. (Funny that it doesn't happens with one nor even with three fingers or more, I should call it...Two-Touch issue?) It breaks any smooth gaming experience that the rest of the hardware have to offer. There is no specific firmware, app or game nor any specific version of those. It's happening since ever, everywhere. In THIS VIDEO you can compare the gaming experience between ZenFone 5 and 5Z. If it's the same touch panel, there's something wrong, huh? In THIS VIDEO you can see (fullscreen) that the aiming and the camera movement in First-Person or Third-Person games are being harmed by the issue. You can find OLDER and UNSOLVED POSTS about it over ZenTalk. Please, calibrate it or just tell us if it's a hardware "gimmick".
30 REPLIES 30

BrunoF20
Zen Master I
I'm the user that is being ignored by ASUS in what you stated as an unsolved post and linked in your text. If you get lucky, here is an YouTube channel that was trying to show'em the issue, almost a year ago. They'll say it's not enough information, then it'll be turned on a [random game name] issue, even if you already stated that the problem is everywhere in everything. Until they start to ignore you like they did with me. With lucky you'll get to the "We've reported to the [random game developer], kindly do the same!" limbo. Lesson learned. I'll never buy ASUS again and you shouldn't too. If you care about someone, tell'em and never let'em buy trash like we did.

ValeeraSanguina
Star III
Bruno~xD posted on 2020/1/18 10:00 I'm the user that is being ignored by ASUS in what you stated as an unsolved post and linked in your ...
"I'm the user that is being ignored by ASUS in what you stated as an unsolved post and linked in your text." Yes, I've been gathering data, and your post was helpful, thank you! "If you get lucky, here is an YouTube channel that was trying to show'em the issue, almost a year ago." Good, I've forgot this, he believes it's a hardware issue. I've been commenting his videos. "They'll say it's not enough information, then it'll be turned on a [random game name] issue, even if you already stated that the problem is everywhere in everything. Until they start to ignore you like they did with me. With lucky you'll get to the "We've reported to the [random game developer], kindly do the same!" limbo." Well, I've been waiting a fix for a long time, but for those years I've never came here to participate. I still have hope that in the next month, when I'll be starting my tech channel on YouTube, I'll have a fix to comment, not one more issue. (Yes, I have a list!) "Lesson learned. I'll never buy ASUS again and you shouldn't too. If you care about someone, tell'em and never let'em buy trash like we did." If they don't fix it, I'll be making ASUS phones a meme in my channel. But I still have hope. Anyway, I'll be getting other trending phones for my channel, the comparison results will be a matter of fix it or break it.

BrunoF20
Zen Master I
By the night, Jei answered every but the "Multi-Touch" posts. I told you! I'll be adding you, so we can talk about your YouTube channel. Me and some friends that were spectating my post hoping for a fix, we'll help you with the investigation.

ValeeraSanguina
Star III
Last edited by ValeeraSanguinar on 2020/1/20 09:28
Bruno~xD posted on 2020/1/20 08:48 By the night, Jei answered every but the "Multi-Touch" posts. I told you!
Sad, I've been hoping for an answer. I've already added you, you only must accept.