This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low volume over tws earbuds in zenphone 5z

Bhush
Star I
I have bose sport earbuds, when I connect these with Asus 5Z over bluetooth the volume is very low for both music n call. The same earbuds when connected with realme X have a much higher volume. Even the handset speaker volume has decresed in Asus 5Z

screenshot-20201120-195253888.jpg

16 REPLIES 16

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Abhinav

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/143652#Comment_143652

I'm also facing the same issue. My 5z main bottom speaker has lower sound than my friend's 5z main bottom speaker. Did everything. Did reset too. I disabled the audio wizard too but don't know why when calling in speaker mode my friend's 5z main bottom speaker has better vocals than my 5z bottom main speaker.

Overall sound signature is also bad in my 5z speakers if compared to my friend's 5z. My friend's 5z has loud vocal and my phone is has high bass muddled sound output. His phone's speaker is also clear and distors lesser than my phone's speakers.

Don't know if it a problem with my phone's speakers or maybe there is some sort of major bug with audio wizard which hasn't been rectified by the developers Yet. And I also don't know if mods know this too and not especially for 5z. 🙄🙄🙄

View post
Did you tried cleaning your speakers anytime? If so how did you do that? And if not try to do that and check if there is some diffrence coz muffled sound or low sound can happen due to dust accumulated in speaker ports try to blow some air via blower but br careful and see what happens

Abhinav
Zen Master I
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/143893#Comment_143893

Did you tried cleaning your speakers anytime? If so how did you do that? And if not try to do that and check if there is some diffrence coz muffled sound or low sound can happen due to dust accumulated in speaker ports try to blow some air via blower but br careful and see what happens

View post
Nothing happened. Tried everything.
I can't even show in a video because the difference is not perceivable. Mobile phone mics can't catch any difference but if someone will check in person he'll definitely see a difference.
I don't know what happened to my phone's main speaker. 🙄

Abhinav
Zen Master I
Scooo

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/143893#Comment_143893

So, I was able to resolve the problem yesterday and to some extent I was becoming convinced that it is a hardware issue, however I was firm that its software. Here's what I did:

1. Upgraded to A11, which did not work straightaway.
  2. Performed a Factory reset, which also did not work.
  3. After this factory reset though, I toggled various sound features on/ off and then the balance was restored when watching videos, however audio from other apps like Spotify was stilled biased towards the upper speaker.
  4. Played around more with the audio settings and the ringtone volume seemed to have returned to original loudness, other audio however remaining the same.
  5. I went to bed and in the morning and gave a try enabling the AudioWizard and everything seemed to have returned to normal today.

You can follow some of these steps, I am not sure though if A11 has been released for your 5z. However, you will be able to find packages that will help you roll back to earlier versions on Telegram, Reddit, or XDA, this will work for you if indeed one of the recent patches had caused the issue.

Thanks,

Scooo.

View post
I use Poweramp pro maybe it messed up with any internal device settings. Maybe be.
But after a device reset also my phone's main bottom speaker sounds muffled and high bass like with ample amount of sound distortion.
Maybe it's an hardware issue. If it's an hardware issue then I'll not be able to change the bottom speaker.
Yes my phone has also sound output majorly comes from earpiece speaker. The earpiece speaker is very dominating than my phone's main bottom speaker.
I didn't noticed any difference or perceived until I heard my friend's 5z speakers.

Scooo
Rising Star I
Abhinav

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/143897#Comment_143897

I use Poweramp pro maybe it messed up with any internal device settings. Maybe be.

But after a device reset also my phone's main bottom speaker sounds muffled and high bass like with ample amount of sound distortion.

Maybe it's an hardware issue. If it's an hardware issue then I'll not be able to change the bottom speaker.

Yes my phone has also sound output majorly comes from earpiece speaker. The earpiece speaker is very dominating than my phone's main bottom speaker.

I didn't noticed any difference or perceived until I heard my friend's 5z speakers.

View post
It could be possible that your speaker is damaged, which may seem unlikely but is possible if you had set some insane configurations on power amp, however I highly doubt anyone uses their phone speakers enough that they could get damaged.
In my case, the sound was extremely low but not distorted or muffled. Muffled sound can be an indication of damaged equipment.
Have a professional check it out, the original replacement speaker is not very expensive, the job won't take more than 500 bucks.
How old is your phone and are you sure that the speaker has been acting up since the last security patch was installed on your device?

Thanks,
Scooo.

Abhinav
Zen Master I
Scooo

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/144030#Comment_144030

It could be possible that your speaker is damaged, which may seem unlikely but is possible if you had set some insane configurations on power amp, however I highly doubt anyone uses their phone speakers enough that they could get damaged.

In my case, the sound was extremely low but not distorted or muffled. Muffled sound can be an indication of damaged equipment.

Have a professional check it out, the original replacement speaker is not very expensive, the job won't take more than 500 bucks.

How old is your phone and are you sure that the speaker has been acting up since the last security patch was installed on your device?

Thanks,

Scooo.

View post
Actually I don't remember how my phone's speaker was in Android pie or in any other older version of Android. But what I can definitely say that my phone's bottom speaker sounds lower than my friend's 5z's main bottom speaker.
Main speaker's sound output is manageable but I many times had complained to mods that the sound configuration is bad and not same as Like 5z had when it launched.
I had purchased my phone on 21st July 2018.
As of now I can't afford to change my phone's speaker. Will change it at later point. I'm waiting for the next OTA.
I don't listen to music via phone speakers any frequently. I generally use the ZenEar pro which came inbox with the phone.