This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to import new ringtones from downloads?

dev_matan
Star I
Model: ZE620KL
RAM: 6G
Firmware/APP Version: 4.9.112-perf+
Frequency of Occurrence: some of the time only
Rooted: No
APP Name:

Last edited by dev.matan on 2019/2/5 13:42 Very nice phone. Trying to add a notification sound copied over from an older Asus into my Downloads folder, I get: "device does not support ape or mp4" Even after converting the audio file to mp3 and/or ogg with a linux utility called avconv The downloaded audio files do play well outside trying to set them as the ringtone, but trying to add them as a notification tone consistently fails with the above message. What's the proper least intrusive way for adding ringtones and what file formats are allowed and expected? I couldn't locate the existing ringtones through the pre-installed file manager app (even when marking off "hide system files"). Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

dev_matan
Star I
Well importing the new sound file from the main settings rather than from the app from which I was accessing the same view of notification sound selection, worked. Odd bug but seems to have been only transient. Closing this.

ServiceE_Asus
Star I
Hi dev.matan, Good day. Do you still encounter this problem now? I would suggest you move the music files to "Ringtones" files via the File manager app. Thank you.