This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP: I'm locked out of my device bc PIN is not recognized... Risk of data loss after 4 more attempt

Dimxwz
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 5Z
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi everyone,
It seems that either I am not putting the correct PIN or my device doesn't recognize my correct PIN ( I tried many different ones, and I 'm sure that it should have unlocked by now), so I'm trying to find a way to unlock my phone without losing data through a hard reset..
An idea is to use the Google Device manager and set a new lock PIN, but my device is locked and not connected to WI-FI..
Is there another way to bypass the device PIN lock?? It's really a shame and frustrating experience that this might happen..
Any help is really appreciated!
Dimi
4 REPLIES 4

Dimxwz
Star I
My device turns on and then it directly asks me "To start Android, enter your PIN", but it seems to have forgotten it..
[EDIT]: also it says that after 4 more attempts, my data will be erased... Is there something that can be done?

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Dimxwz
Thank you for your asking. Had you performed any specific steps below this issue happened? Does the issue appear after any system/apps' download or update? Have you ever faced this issue before?

Dimxwz
Star I
Hi Christine
Thank you for checking in..
Actually not really... I was using my mobile and then my battery finished... then I charged it with my sister's cable which is from her Huawei Honor phone... (could this be an issue?)
Is there anything I can do or you can do at ASUS to help me? I have access to my gmail account associated with the Android in my phone, so it's really bizarre I cannot reset my password...
Thanks for helping
Dimi

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Dimi
Kindly try some stay-at-home troubleshooting tips below:
A. Manage your Google Account PIN on Android
https://support.google.com/a/answer/6136929?hl=en
B. Please try the following steps to access recovery mode for the Factory Reset:
0. Try to back up your data with USB cable
1. Power off the phone, then keep pressing "volume down key"
2. Press "power key" and stop press " power key" once you feel the vibration. Still keep pressing "volume down key".
3. Stop press "volume down key" once you enter [Android Recovery] Screen
4. Choose "Wipe data/factory reset">"Yes"
5. "Reboot system now"
#Hardware Reset Guide
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1006346/
Please note that once the steps are completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.