This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drain, data drain, here's the culprit.

support01
Star I
Model: ZS620KL
RAM: 6G
Firmware/APP Version: Latest ww*. 111 (oct 2019)
Frequency of Occurrence: Every sec or 2
Rooted: No
APP Name:

After latest firmware update, Google and his baggaged system apps (namely Backup, Play Services, Services Framework) are always trying to reach out at port 443 & 5228 for no better reasons. Usually no significant data sent, but its draining battery and uses up data unnecessarily. Here are 4 sample packet capture.
5 REPLIES 5

chernobyl1999
Star I
I also noticed battery drain after new update, also I noticed that I need to reboot the phone every day to prevent lags. Everything was perfect until this update.

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
Last edited by Jei_ASUS on 2019/11/7 10:52 Hi support01, Thanks for your feedback. We have checked with the relevant team about this. Could you tell us whether this battery drain problem appears in sleep mode or in use? If the battery drains in sleep mode, in order for us to verify, please kindly follow the steps below and show us the screenshots. 1) Charge the phone to 100% before going to bed > remove the charger > Clear all apps in recent app list > turn off screen > the next morning before using the phone, please screenshot the two pages: a) Settings > Battery b) Settings > Battery > ""Advanced battery usage"" (tap the battery icon to access) 2) Tell us the battery variation: for example 23:00(100%) > 08:00 (90%) Thank you 🙂

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi support01, Please check your PM for a message I have sent you. Please also help us provide your Google Services version. Thank you 🙂

I'm facing this issue too...battery is draining very fast after OCT security patch. while I had an Aug security patch I was getting 8hrs. of SOT.