Chintan_Devgani
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus 5z
Firmware Version: Latest (.99)
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Very much
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): System
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Auto Rotation Bug:- It's almost a 11 months since this bug is present in 5z. (Since A10 came out)
A lot of users have been experiencing this issue. I have myself reported this issue from the last 8 months and mods haven't been serious about this bug.
Detailed look at this Bug:-
Sometimes while watching YouTube, videos in any media player or while using any app when i rotate the device screen doesn't rotate for a very long time ( 30-60 seconds). When watching videos in media player (like Mx player or stock media player) or in YouTube video stuck at only one side which is default when any video is opened.
When screen is rotated 180° when any video is playing it takes usually 5 seconds to 1 minute.
Also after rotation when device is held vertically it's stuck in horizontal mode and takes about a minute to return to vertical mode.
About 40% of times when device is rotated it takes 5-10 seconds to rotate.
About 40% times it takes a minute.
And only 20% it rotates instantly.
I have to manually disable and enable the "sensors" from quick settings tiles "sensors off" which i enabled from developers settings.

Battery Drainage at Night :-
Battery is draining a lot from last 2 updates during night (12AM to 8 AM). Battery drops 6-8 percent during night. Do note that i turnoff wifi/data, close all apps before going to sleep. Brightness is manual and gestures are off. Device is 10 months old and i charge to 80% for good battery health. Before 2 updates it only dropped 1or 2% during night.
Also when i use mobile at morning battery quickly drops around 5% in merely 5 minutes. This happens daily.
In general usage it gives around 6 hrs of SOT, so it's not issue of battery. From last 2 updates i have observed that idle battery drain is higher.
9 REPLIES 9

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Chintan Devganiya

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus 5z
  2. Firmware Version: Latest (.99)
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Very much
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): System

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Auto Rotation Bug:- It's almost a 11 months since this bug is present in 5z. (Since A10 came out)

A lot of users have been experiencing this issue. I have myself reported this issue from the last 8 months and mods haven't been serious about this bug.

Detailed look at this Bug:-

Sometimes while watching YouTube, videos in any media player or while using any app when i rotate the device screen doesn't rotate for a very long time ( 30-60 seconds). When watching videos in media player (like Mx player or stock media player) or in YouTube video stuck at only one side which is default when any video is opened.

When screen is rotated 180° when any video is playing it takes usually 5 seconds to 1 minute.

Also after rotation when device is held vertically it's stuck in horizontal mode and takes about a minute to return to vertical mode.

About 40% of times when device is rotated it takes 5-10 seconds to rotate.

About 40% times it takes a minute.

And only 20% it rotates instantly.

I have to manually disable and enable the "sensors" from quick settings tiles "sensors off" which i enabled from developers settings.

Battery Drainage at Night :-

Battery is draining a lot from last 2 updates during night (12AM to 8 AM). Battery drops 6-8 percent during night. Do note that i turnoff wifi/data, close all apps before going to sleep. Brightness is manual and gestures are off. Device is 10 months old and i charge to 80% for good battery health. Before 2 updates it only dropped 1or 2% during night.

Also when i use mobile at morning battery quickly drops around 5% in merely 5 minutes. This happens daily.

In general usage it gives around 6 hrs of SOT, so it's not issue of battery. From last 2 updates i have observed that idle battery drain is higher.

Auto-Rotation bug and Idle battery drain Issue not fixed
Battery drain issue will get fix in upcoming next FOTA
Also i would say auto rotation bug seems to be much better now in latest .99 update on my 5z try ON n OFF one single time and see if it improves
Ifnot You must try safe mode and check there if it behaves same
To enter safe mode steps below:-
Press and hold power key you will see switch off option on screen>tap and hold switch off option for few sec>dailogue box will appear on screen saying do you want to entre safe mode click yes >you will entre safe mode
To exit safe mode just restart your device
After trying all above steps and problem still stays i would recommend you to factory data reset
Dont forget to backup your imp data before factory data reset
Thanks !

sidarya31
Rising Star II
yup Auto rotation issue is still there, and its really annoying. Every time i have to do screen on/off to get it working.

1947msr
Rising Star I
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/36461/auto-rotation-bug-and-idle-battery-drain-issue-not-fixe...

Battery drain issue will get fix in upcoming next FOTA

Also i would say auto rotation bug seems to be much better now in latest .99 update on my 5z try ON n OFF one single time and see if it improves

Ifnot You must try safe mode and check there if it behaves same

To enter safe mode steps below:-

Press and hold power key you will see switch off option on screen>tap and hold switch off option for few sec>dailogue box will appear on screen saying do you want to entre safe mode click yes >you will entre safe mode

To exit safe mode just restart your device

After trying all above steps and problem still stays i would recommend you to factory data reset

Dont forget to backup your imp data before factory data reset

Thanks !

View post
But you said that your device doesn't have autorotate bug !!!
screenshot-20200926-085807676.jpg

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
1947msr

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/118205#Comment_118205

But you said that your device doesn't have autorotate bug !!!

screenshot-20200926-085807676.jpg

View post
Yes,It was not there earlier on my 5z but i feel faster n smoother auto screen rotation after latest .99 update so i can see improvement over .92
Thanks!