smps3hk
Star I
Model: ZE620KL
RAM: 6G
Firmware/APP Version: WW-90.11.162.88
Frequency of Occurrence: 18Aug19
Rooted: No
APP Name: Audio Jack

hi Asus, My Zenfone 5z had audio 3.5mm jack connector problem. It happen when I plug my headphone and the device suddenly shut off. And when I turn it on again, my audio jack connector doesn't work. I plug my headphone, it nothing happen. It seems like the audio jack connector doesn't detect anything. No icon headphone in top right corner also. I tried using Audio Switch application from Play Store. It force the output audio from speaker to audio jack. But it only works for the right headphone, not for left headphone. Any solutions for my problem? Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

I have same issue that audio jack is not working suddenly in my Asus Zenfone 5z pls give me solution if anyone found

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi vadhadiya.ani
Thank you for your asking. Kindly provide the information below so that we could better assist you.
1. Your current firmware version
Settings>System>About Phone>Software information
2. Does the issue appear after any system/apps' download or update?
3. Could your earphones still be used with other phones? Or have you tried to use your 5Z with other earphones?
4. Please try to enter "Safe Mode". If the function works well in Safe Mode yet the issue remains out of Safe Mode, please check on any disturbance from the installed 3rd party apps.
# How to enter and exit "Safe Mode"
[Phone/Pad] How to Enter and Exit Safe Mode? | Official Support | ASUS Global5. Also, please try "the Factory Reset" 
Settings>System>Reset options>Erase all data(factory reset)
Please note that once the Factory Reset is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.

If the audio jack's situation still remain the same after you tried "the Factory Reset". Please check on SMMI test 
Link on the earphones first, then go to Calculator> type ".12345+=">SMMI TEST>Single Test>Headset Test
If the test fail, according to what you described, please contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
If it is impossible to access the service center during Covid-19 period, please try Call us: https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs