subhojit.deyFor 5z i cant guarantee you but chances are like 50-50 due to support cycle
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
- Model Name: Asus Zenfone 5z, 6z , Max Pro M1, Max Pro M2, ROG Phone 2, ROG Phone 3
- Firmware Version: All
- Rooted or not: No
- Frequency of Occurrence: -
- APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Calling (VoLTE and VoWifi)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
There is a very large subscriber base of Airtel subscribers in India. Along with Jio, Airtel subscribers also contribute to the majority of 4g users. However, for some weird reason, ASUS phones are not recognized by Airtel as either supporting VoLTE or VoWiFi.
VoLTE can still be used in ASUS phones for Airtel through one of these tricks:
1) Using the sim in a Airtel supported phone beforehand (eg: Samsung, iPhone)
2) Forcing customer care executive to activate VoLTE for your SIM even though they keep arguing that your device is not recognized as Airtel VoLTE compatible.
Airtel's official website does not even recognize ASUS as a smartphone brand.
For VoWiFi none of those above tricks even work. So Airtel VoWifi is a no go on ASUS phones.
Airtel's official website doesn't recognize ASUS even as smartphone brand, and its not like they don't update the page because infant brands like iQOO are there.
All I am asking is, is there an issue with Airtel and ASUS that we do not know about. If so, can it be resolved since Airtel is a major player in this country. Thanks!
Airtel VoLTE and VoWiFi in Asus Phones : India