This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[5Z only?] Wi-Fi strange behavior

BrunoF20
Zen Master I
Model: Brazilian ASUS ZenFone 5Z 4 GB/64 GB Meteor Silver (ZS620KL).
Firmware version: v99.
Root status: Non-rooted.
Frequency of occurrence: After a while in standby mode.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
I have a situation that I would like you to test.
Every time I am connected (only to Wi-Fi) and leave 5Z at rest, when I use it again, the connection gets slower.
For example, if I enter the Play Store and do a search, it takes longer to show results. If I select one of the results, it takes a considerable time to load its screens and description.
It's no use turning Wi-Fi on and off, forget network, deactivate and reactivate Bluetooth, NFC or mobile data. I can get it back to normal, only by resetting the connection settings in the system tab of the device settings.
3 REPLIES 3

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi BrunoF20
Thank you for your asking. I just checked my device and I didn't encounter the same situation. Kindly provide the information below so that we can better assist you.
1. Does the situation appear with specific router or every WiFi area?
2. If you access the Safe Mode, does the situation remains the same?
Please try to enter "Safe Mode". If the function works well in Safe Mode yet the issue remains out of Safe Mode, please check on any disturbance from the installed 3rd party apps.
# How to enter and exit "Safe Mode"
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1005163/
3. Please try to visit the same URL with personal Router (to avoid other disturbance), then check Network & internet>Wi-Fi>Using Wi-Fi>Transmit link speed/Receive link speed
Does the Wi-Fi performance really show difference?

BrunoF20
Zen Master I
Christine_ASUS

Hi BrunoF20

Thank you for your asking. I just checked my device and I didn't encounter the same situation. Kindly provide the information below so that we can better assist you.

1. Does the situation appear with specific router or every WiFi area?

2. If you access the Safe Mode, does the situation remains the same?

Please try to enter "Safe Mode". If the function works well in Safe Mode yet the issue remains out of Safe Mode, please check on any disturbance from the installed 3rd party apps.

# How to enter and exit "Safe Mode"

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1005163/

3. Please try to visit the same URL with personal Router (to avoid other disturbance), then check Network & internet>Wi-Fi>Using Wi-Fi>Transmit link speed/Receive link speed

Does the Wi-Fi performance really show difference?

View post
I only have access to my router, it doesn't happen to other devices I have.
I doesn't always happen, just from time to time, so to make it happen on Safe Mode can be a challenge.
Also, I've never tried a speed test during this bug, I only saw that the loading of searching anything or the page loading of any website and app is harmed by this.
Next time it happens, I'll try some troubleshooting and tell you more details on this.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi BrunoF20
Thank you for your reply. Furthermore, for answer no. 1, you may check your device with other WiFi router. If the issue only happens with your router, I suggest you to check the compatibility between your router and the device.