This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[5z] Justice to flagship, Atleast zenui 7 top of Android 10 OR Android 11 top of zenui 6

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Model Name: 5z
Firmware Version:100.10.107.92
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: forever
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): system
Time has come ASUS has started beta testing for 6z as its regular cycle why skip 5z as a flagship i personally feel 5z is best device ASUS has made till date with lesser hardware issues comparing 6z n rog series also 5z is most sold smartphone till date for ASUS in flagship range m happy with dedicated support till date for 5z and still ongoing for more few months
But as a flagship owner want to tell ASUS that is 5z really worth to be called as flagship 👇
1.No vowifi
2.No prime hd
3.No ARCORE
4.No camera UI improvements even after Zenui 6
5.No dedicated nightmode for capable sensor in camera app
6.Touch panel stutters in games exists since Android 8 (which we and mods are still fighting to get fix from devs )
even after several requests since months from 5z users no hard push from ASUS for 5z users why? No requested features are seen
If thats fine not to give it to 5z owners than its ok
But to fill this huge gap can asus make us happy with surprising decision like more 6 months update cycle with implementations like atleast providing
*ZENUI 7 on Android 10 itself
OR
*Android 11/R on top of ZENUI 6 itslef
I wish atleast ASUS will reconsider our request and justice 5z as a flagship before ending up support to 5z
@Christine_ASUS @CH_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @Falcon_ASUS @STARRAIN_ASUS @Titan_ASUS @Y_ASUS @Kris_ASUS @Laura_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @gabriel_prado @ga278057 @gabriel95
299 REPLIES 299

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
kikoly

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/111486#Comment_111486

Because of Android 11 and ZenUI 7, there is little chance (nearly impossible) for 5Z. But at least beyond the 18-month life cycle of ASUS products, ASUS is still willing to continue to release updates for 5Z, which is not bad.

I am just a general user and only provide my opinion.

View post
This year asus should change its strategic approach towards market after seeing samsung moving so fast in this competative market they decided to go with 3 years of major updates to flagships also they decided to support midrangers to atleast one UI updates
ASUS should think something diffrent for its flagships as well there are not much devices comparing to samsung or any other OEMS so it should be easy for asus to take there time but update there flagships atleast zenui or android 11 to various models i guess if they add 5z to list there are not much devices number of devices needs to be updated goes to just 5 so i dont think its hard for ASUS
zenfone 7 series
Rog 3
Rog 2
Zenfone 6z
Zenfone 5z
🤞🙈

kikoly
Hall of Fame II
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/111508#Comment_111508

This year asus should change its strategic approach towards market after seeing samsung moving so fast in this competative market they decided to go with 3 years of major updates to flagships also they decided to support midrangers to atleast one UI updates

ASUS should think something diffrent for its flagships as well there are not much devices comparing to samsung or any other OEMS so it should be easy for asus to take there time but update there flagships atleast zenui or android 11 to various models i guess if they add 5z to list there are not much devices number of devices needs to be updated goes to just 5 so i dont think its hard for ASUS

zenfone 7 series

Rog 3

Rog 2

Zenfone 6z

Zenfone 5z

🤞🙈

View post
Over the years, the official replies I have seen on the forum are that the life cycle of ASUS products is 18 months. Except for 5Z in your list, all others have the opportunity to update to android 11.

1947msr
Rising Star I
Hey @amitgarde3 Does auto rotate bug is present in your device?
If yes then did you inform the mods
And what is the progress about fixing it

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
1947msr

Hey @amitgarde3 Does auto rotate bug is present in your device?

If yes then did you inform the mods

And what is the progress about fixing it

View post
Auto rotate bug does not exist on my 5z but i informed mods earlier and they need captured logs whenever you face bug for auto rotation
If you are facing and ready to capture logs for auto rotation bug kindly inform me & mods and i will inform them to pm you
Thanks !

Aryan202
Community Legend I
kikoly

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/111510#Comment_111510

Over the years, the official replies I have seen on the forum are that the life cycle of ASUS products is 18 months. Except for 5Z in your list, all others have the opportunity to update to android 11.

View post
Yes I've seen various replies by Christine Asus that the general support cycle for Asus's devices is 18 months, but wasn't it the old asus?and that rule applies more on the older Zenfone 4,mid rangers like max pro, Zenfone lite L1, Zenfone 5 (snapdragon 636)
Zenfone 5z's hardware still holds good to this day and considering that zen ui 6 is such a light and good skin I don't think it'll be that hard for an update from zen ui 6 to zen ui 7 (our android 10 beta program with zen ui 6 went very well,it was concluded in an month)
Asus in total has 5 flagship devices in market right now(including 5z) as @amitgarde3 stated above and can't Asus make a change in it's policy and provide 3 major android updates to 2018 and after flagship models 🤔
Both on community demand and to remain competitive in market ( more and more OEMs are increasing their support period now )
Plus Zenfone 5z was one of the best selling Zenfones(I'd even say it got back Asus in the mobile market again) and has a massive community (much bigger than Zenfone 6's) so it'll be great if Asus makes a change in it's update policy and hears our pleas 🤞