This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to put phone in Safe-Mode,What to do next?

tomgarner27
Star II
ZENFONE 4 PRO refuses to go into Safe-Mode after repeated attempts to hold Power button in, Option to go into Safe-Mode never appears when holding power button in while Power is on.??:((
3 REPLIES 3

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi tomgarner27
Thank you for your asking. Please try to enter "Safe Mode" by the following steps.
# How to enter and exit "Safe Mode"
[Phone] How to Enter and Exit Safe Mode? | Official Support | ASUS Global
*If the function works well in Safe Mode yet the issue remains out of Safe Mode, please check on any disturbance from the installed 3rd party apps.

If the device still can not access to Safe Mode, please provide me the video of your process. Thank you.

tomgarner27
Star II
Finally did Get my phone on safe-Mode .
Wanted it on Safe-Mode to check if That would bring back my
Malfunctioning
DTS HEADPHONE X: Audiowizard
As it's pretty much Dead :((
Can't Get it back in Original Condition .
Can't Delete & Re-Load it It's not on Google Play store :((
Can You please help me out with this as This was one of the Best Music Players I ever Had!!!
I've already shut off,Cleared Cache,Cleared Data,Restarted phone and Unfortunately Same Results.
Phone is Asus Zenfone 4 PRO running on Android Oreo.
Last up date was 11-2019
Every time I run Update it just gives current time & Date after every Attempt to Check for System Updates.
Can You please help me?

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi tomgarner27
Thank you for your asking. The audio issue can be divided by two segments -- hardware issue and software issue. Kindly try some software stay-at-home troubleshooting tips below:
1. Because Audiowizard is a pre-installed app, please try
Settings>Apps & notifications>See all apps>tap the 3 dots at the top>Reset app preference
2. Also, please try "the Factory Reset" 
Settings>System>Reset options>Erase all data(factory reset)
Please note that once the Factory Reset is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.

If the issue remains the same after performing the Factory Reset, it indicates a high possibility of faulty hardware, kindly bring your device to the nearest ASUS repair center for device checking: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
If it is impossible to access the service center during Covid-19 period, please try Call us: https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs