cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone 11 and PWM

niceded
Star II

Hello guys, 

Is anybody can advise about PWM on the phone on different levels of brightness. I can't find any information about measurements 

1 REPLY 1

srota
Rising Star I

I found the following, hoping it helps (The source is in French at the site of tomsguide):

With its wide 6.78-inch diagonal (almost as wide as the 6.8-inch Galaxy S24 Ultra), the Zenfone 11 Ultra is a real eye-catcher. However, the manufacturer has been extremely reasonable when it comes to definition, opting for Full HD+. The resolution is therefore 'only' 388 dots, but that's more than enough for an accurate display. The smartphone's screen can be refreshed at up to 144 Hz, but only for gaming. For everyday use, a refresh rate of up to 120 Hz is enough to deliver optimum image fluidity when required. Thanks to on-board LTPO technology, refresh rates vary from 1 to 120 Hz, to optimise battery life. Another top-of-the-range feature!
The other great advantage of this giant screen is its unrivalled brightness. If you deactivate the adaptive mode and push the slider all the way down, you get over 880 cd/m². By re-enabling this mode and placing the smartphone under a light source, our probe found brightness levels capable of rising above 1,700 cd/m2, in line with what Asus claims for everyday use 'in real life'. According to Asus, the screen is even supposed to offer a peak of 2500 nits in certain conditions. In any case, a brightness of 1700 cd/m² is perfect for making the most of your screen, even on a sunny beach.

As far as colour fidelity and temperature are concerned, in the default display mode, called Splendid Optimal, we found an excessively high Delta E of 4.46 and a temperature of 7,000 K, a sign that the colours were too cold.
By switching to Splendid Natural, the readings obtained with our test probe remained in the same order on these two points, but with a wider colour space.
Using the third mode, Cinematic Splendid, colours are a little more faithful, with a Delta E of 3.65. The temperature is 6180 K, which is a little too warm, but it is still possible to adjust it manually to get as close as possible to 6500 K, the ideal temperature.
In the latest Splendid Standard mode, we measured a Delta E of 1.38, i.e. extremely faithful colours. The temperature of 6180 K could also do with a little adjustment.
In any case, the Zenfone 11 Ultra's screen is still very pleasant to look at, and it's up to you to choose your favourite mode or even switch to Splendid Custom mode to adjust everything to your tastes.