This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No AT&T 5G since Android 14

Bananimus
Star III

I got my Zenfone 10 (512 GB, US version) a few weeks ago. I swapped my AT&T SIM from a Samsung S10e into it and it's been working perfectly all this time, 5G and all.

Last night I received the Android 14 update. As soon as the phone rebooted, any time the phone connects to AT&T, it works for one or two minutes. Then it disconnects with a notification that my provider has temporarily disabled voice, and same message for data.

I eventually realized turning off 5G service in the SIM data settings allows voice and data to remain connected.

I called AT&T. They said the phone is whitelisted and everything looks okay on their end. They tried pushing a reprovision. That seemed to work, but it only lasted about half an hour before the same problem started. In the first call, AT&T said a new SIM (5G) might help, however my SIM is only 3 months old so they do not think this is a problem. They suggested if there's any further trouble, I contact ASUS.

I'll request the new SIM. But in the meantime, it's suspicious that as soon as my phone rebooted with Android 14 update, it kept getting kicked off of AT&T 5G. Is there some issue with the update?

Edit to add: If I'm somewhere with a very, very strong AT&T 5G signal, it stays connected with 5G enabled and no problems.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Can confirm that they've released an update that sounds like it will fix it. I've installed it and turned on 5G again. We will see if this works.

1000042263.jpg

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Bananimus
Star III

Asus chat support was not helpful. Suggested I update my BIOS/firmware, but my phone was already using the version provided. Suggested I un-upgrade with a factory reset, but my phone already forced me to update to Android 14 so that won't last either.

Tried resetting my carrier settings which again worked for about 20 minutes, then back to the same problem.

Possible AT&T has Zenfone 10 + Android 14 black listed? They did not mention this while checking on their end.

Possible AT&T just isn't supporting 5G Android 14 yet? I see similar complaints with 5G service on 14 from other internet threads.

Anyhow. I just have 5G disabled for now, but oof my speeds are now kind of awful. Was working flawlessly on Android 13.

1000006406.jpg

 Now you van download new update which repair problems with 5g and USB transfer on Android 14 

AOKBOI
Star I

Am having the same exact problem as you! bump for an answers/ fix from asus team!

Now you van download new update which repair problems with 5g and USB transfer on Android 14