This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Update - 34.1004.0204.120 causing constant reboot with AT&T SIM card inserted

Open1Your1Eyes0
Star III

Installed the update version 34.1004.0204.120 just now and now my phone is constantly rebooting if I have my AT&T SIM card inserted.

If I remove the SIM card everything works, even connecting to WiFi everything works fine. The moment I insert my SIM card back the phone immediately reboots within 15 seconds or so.

Other folks are reporting this issue too on the Zenfone subreddit.

Not sure if it is AT&T specific as someone mentioned with a different SIM card (Tello) everything works fine for them. UPDATE This seems to be confirmed an issue only with AT&T SIM cards.

This is relatively urgent as I completely can't use my phone right now with my usual SIM card inserted (I'm sure as many others as well).

I was on update version 34.1004.0204.88 just before this and everything was working completely fine since day 1 for me so clearly this update caused the issue, this is not a hardware or unique user data issue.

Some additional things I noted - If I insert the SIM card but the phone is in airplane mode then it doesn't cause the issue. If I have no SIM card inserted and use WiFi it also doesn't cause the issue. But if I insert the SIM card in airplane mode AND connect to WiFi then it keeps on restarting again. If I disconnect WiFi and go in airplane mode (with the SIM card inserted) OR remove the SIM card (and connect to WiFi) then it starts to work again. Seems the issue is related when it is trying to connect to the AT&T network directly (via SIM) or connecting to any WiFi network when AT&T SIM card is inserted. Not sure if this issue is an with other carriers as well but this is what I noticed so far.

42 REPLIES 42

@Mansi_ASUS Would a phone log and SN help?

@Mansi_ASUS - We are just checking in if you may have any update for us? Some people are lucky to have other phones around that they can use in the meanwhile (or hotspot to their main ASUS phone) but many AT&T users it's their only phone and they are currently down without any cellular access and stuck on WiFi only due to this issue. I hope as it seems there are multiple ASUS phone models affected with the same issue we may get a resolution as soon as possible? We would very much appreciate any update just to let us know what is the current status if the R&D department is working on it at least. Thank you much in advance.

I'm looking to get an update from the R&D  department. I would like some kind of time frame for when I can use my new phone again.

Netzgott
Star II

Vodafone Germany no problems

PBN
Rising Star I

O2 UK also no problems, **bleep** this is an unlucky issue for AT&T users, hope ASUS fix it for you soon.